nineteen . the trust

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

          I softly stomp up the stairs of the complex, going to the third floor to grab Teddy from Wilbur's flat and leave

          I softly stomp up the stairs of the complex, going to the third floor to grab Teddy from Wilbur's flat and leave. Wilbur was close behind me even though I was trying to keep a distance from him. The policemen told us to go back to our homes and we'd be updated on the situation soon. "I can't believe it," I begin. "I mean.. I actually felt like I could finally be friends with someone, that I could actually fucking rant to someone and tell them about how I feel..!" I quietly yell at Wilbur, turning to the next staircase when I reach the second floor, Wilbur follows. "I literally thought of you as one of my best friends, Wilbur, and then you go and fucking murder someone..?!" I glance at him before looking back in front of me.

He sighs. "Please don't call--"

"No..! No, Wilbur! I won't listen to you! I actually thought I had a friend. I thought I could be happy. I thought I would finally be able to live a normal stupid fucking life because you were by my side.." I tear up, when I make it to the top of the stairs I immediately go to his door, grabbing the handle and trying to open it, even though I knew it was locked. "..I trusted you" I press my head against the door, giving up on opening the door.

I feel the warmth of his body near me as he stands behind me and unlocks the door with his card. "Y/N.." He mumbles. I open the door, walking inside and crouching down when I see Teddy right in front of me, I start lightly scratching her as she sniffs me and stares at my crying eyes. "I didn't kill him.. it was a coincidence, okay?" He closes the door behind the two of us.

I sniffle, wrapping my arms around Teddy and hugging her. "N-No it wasn't.." I shakily whisper. "No way this was a coincidence.." I shake my head. "Wilbur, you came home with different clothes on yesterday, don't think I didn't notice. You killed him--!" I let go of Teddy, turning my head and look up at Wilbur, he stood tall, his posture straight as he looked down at me. "You're a monster.." I harshly mutter.

His eyes soften, his pursed lips struggle to stay in a line. "Y/N, please.. please don't call me that.." He whispers, nervously rubbing his fingers against his palms before balling his hands into fists. He tears up. "I don't like that word, it's not who I am.." He shakes his head.