ℙ𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕥

Such a colorful neighborhood.. Julie is helping Eddie with mailing the letters, Howdy placing fresh fruits out to display, each arm carrying a different crate full of fruits, Frank was observing the different kinds of butterflies in his front yard, Sally practicing a script of hers for a play, soon to be presented, and inside of Poppy's house was Barnaby and Poppy eating a freshly baked pie nearby an open window.

I҉̡̯̺̜̅́͋̃͢͜t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡'s҉̝̭̦͚̑ͯ̌͡ t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝ b҉͙̺̻̥̅̎͋̕͜͝͡͞͠a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡d҉̴̷̧̢̛̖͔̤ͯ̔̑̄͢͟͡͠ t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡h̷̶̘̘̬ͭ̏͞͡a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡ ȳ̸̵̩̜͔͍̔́͟͟͢͡o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝u̶͖̖͆̊̈́͡͡ c̷̶҉̵̢͚̣̻̲̬͑̑͛͐̀͜͜͜͝͡͝͠a҉͖̟̜̞̂̃̑̽͢͢͠͡n̸͐̈́͟͟͝'t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡.

You were painting inside your home, only a spotlight of light from your window, paint brush strokes, creaks of the doors and cabinets where the only thing bringing you company.

"𝙸𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎?" You said, your voice slow and smooth. Your hand steadily painting the highlights of the bowl of apples onto your canvas, your reference in front of you, on a small yellow round table.

"ᶜᴿᴱᴱᴱᴱᴱᴷ~"

You chuckled once, almost making it sound like a hum.

"𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍~ 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚍...." You said as you continued to paint.

An eerie silence struck the room.

Only the sound of stroking the canvas was the only thing that spoke.

"𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎?" You spoke.

"ᶜᴿᴿᴿᴿᴱᴱᴱᴱᴷ~"

"𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝙸 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖?"

"..."

"𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚜..."

"... ᶜᴿᴱᴱᴱᴷ ˢᵟᵁᴱᴱᴱᴷ~"

"𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎~" You said, smiling and slowly got up from your stool, making your way towards your red door, holding the golden handle. "𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚗 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍."

You promised as you left your house. Eddie and Julie are walking up towards you with mail in their hands. "Hiya Neighbor!" "Hi Neighbor!!~" Eddie and Julie greeted you, and you chuckled in response. "𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝙴𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚎. 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚕." "Mhm!" Julie chirped.

Eddie started looking through his sachel bag to take out a few letters, at most about 4. "Here you go!" "𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙴𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚎" You say, gently taking the letters away from his hands. Looking at your hands, you see letters from Poppy, Sally, Barnaby, and Howdy.