CHAPTER-11: The Sudden Beginning Of Our Tumultuous Troubles

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

To that one reader who commented on my story, here is the scene you've been waiting for.

...

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

April 21st, 2017

"My name is Fuutaro Uesugi, and I'll be your tutor starting today. Let's all make studying fun, and uh- WHAT THE HELL?! WHY IS NOBODY IN HERE?!" Fuutaro snapped.

"Hey, hey! Sorry I'm late!" Yotsuba came sliding into the living room.

"Oh, you're the one with the zero; Yotsuba."

"Ehehe..." she laughed with her hand behind her head.

"Hey, Yotsuba. Could you do me a favour and scowl at me." Fuutaro said.

"Eh? What, like this?" she did her best and pouted/scowled at him.

"Yep, they're related." I confirmed.

"So, why are you here?" Fuutaro asked.

"Obviously, it's time to start our first tutoring session! Where else would I be?"

Fuutaro looked down. "Thank you, Yotsuba." He quickly looked back up. "Please, let me hug you."

Suddenly, Itsuki appeared behind me, and poked me in the back.

"Hmm? Oh, you're here too." I said.

"Itsuki?" Fuutaro asked, confused.

"I get why Yotsuba is here, given her... bubbly personality. But, um- why are you here?" I asked her.

"U-uh..." Itsuki blushes and averts her eyes. "How absurd, I'm the one who asked you to teach me, remember? Won't it be rude if I don't show up, even though I hired you? This is me, showing you basic human courtesy." she looked at Fuutaro while saying that. Guess she hasn't really forgiven him for being a jerk.

"Hired...?" Fuutaro was clueless now. Hang in there, pal.

"Just so you know-" Itsuki looked at Fuutaro. "I am not studying with you."

Fuutaro hung his head low, but before the atmosphere could turn gloomier, Yotsuba intervened.

"Well, let's go and round up the other girls, shall we?!" Yotsuba said, pumping her fists in the air, and led us up the stairs.

"All of our bedrooms are side by side, see! First, from left to right - Itsuki, me, that one's Miku, Nino, and Ichika's at the end~"

I observed that each door has white stripes that decrease from left to right - clearly, a simple yet ingenious approach to identify which rooms are whose, thus eliminating the necessity for nameplates or anything of the type.

"Great... This is gonna be such a pain." Fuutaro sighed.

"Oh, no. This'll be easy!"

"You guys go on ahead, I have to change." Itsuki announced before entering her room.

"Wow, your room's nice. Reminds me of an honour student's room- It's a shame that that's not the case." I made a careless remark.

"Huh!?!..." Itsuki looked shocked. "W-why do you have to be so mean! You think you get to look down on me just because you have higher grades?" Itsuki stated in a serious tone.

"I'm not looking down on you. I was just stating a fact- if you call brutal honesty being mean, then that's not my fault." I said calmly.

"A-alright fine, I guess you're right..." Itsuki reddened and glanced down, embarrassed. "I already mentioned my grades aren't as good as yours. In reality, the reason my sisters and I had to transfer schools was due to our poor academic performance in all areas, and I wanted to change that..."