Part 33

Sarvesh: As the elder sibling, I will start the first ritual engagement you all might be familiar with it, but let me explain it in engagement, the girl and boy have to exchange the ring and it is considered a half-marriage.

Shilpa: Now, come 2nd step, After the engagement, Parents talk to the Indian priest or Pandit Ji to find a suitable date for the wedding.

Abhi: 3rd step is giving Invitations and calling all relatives and other things. After that comes the Haldi ceremony the girl's family sends turmeric paste to the boy's family and vice versa and we have to apply that only. 

Lisa: But why turmeric?

Abhi: because it's considered good for the skin and make skin glow after the bride looks more beautiful and other can also apply it.

Yn: Now 4th step is the Tilak ceremony in which a male member of the bride's family visits the groom's house. So basically bride's brother applies kumkum on the groom's forehead. This ceremony is 1st step towards cementing the bond between two families.

Kartik: 5th step is the Mehendi Ceremony, Mehendi means positive spirits and good luck and is applied to the bride's hands and feet even the groom apply. The dark color of the mehendi represents love between the couples. This ceremony is fun and colorful. It will be incomplete without dance and traditional songs. 

Siddhant: 6th step is the Sangeet Ceremony, this ceremony involves a lot of singing and dancing where the families of both sides have a competition type you can say to look more interesting. 

Aman: 7th step is the Wedding Ceremony, the main event of all. The couple first exchange varmalas and then take seven pheras to make their wedding officially done and take blessing from elders for a happy and beautiful life. 

Arya: 7 pheras also known as 7 vows symbolize the bride and groom's commitments to each other and that is:-

Sarvesh- Nourish each other.

Shilpa: Be each other's strength

Abhi- Stay faithful

Yn: love each other family

Kartik- Care for children 

Siddhant: Live a peaceful life together 

Aman- Maintain the bond of friendship.

Arshi: The 8th step is the Vidaai Ceremony, this ceremony symbolizes the final stage of the wedding, where the bride's parents bid farewell to their daughter with their son-in-law and bless the couple for the future. The bride throws rice behind her as she leaves her home and thanks her parents for giving her such a good and wonderful life. The Brothers of the bride push the car and farewell to their sister. 

Yn: and here is the 9th step Griha Pravesh Ceremony, In This ceremony bride is welcomed into a new house by the groom's family through Griha Pravesh custom, fun games, and celebrations. The bride tilts a Kalash filled with rice using her right leg steps into the dish with an Altar ( red color liquid) and steps into the house. 

Beogyum: It's so long. 

Jackson: Feels like a year festival.

Siddhant: You can say that.

Yn- It's a festival for us but really bhai you all should get married as you all are getting old.

Jin- yhaa!! Young lady! Who you are calling old?

Kartik: except you bhai!!

Jin- then it's okay

everyone laughs.