Chapter 1, Feelings Surface.

It had been a long day since you finally arrived home. A long ass shift at work, almost 15 hours. Thursdays always seemed to be the longest days. You missed the comfort your favorite couch, and your best friend and roommate, Karkat Vantas. Though he's always had something to say, you loved him to death and he always made you happy when you were going through some tough shit. You've lived with him for almost 4 years now, and this weekend is your 21st birthday. He said he had plans for you that night, but wouldn't tell you what they were.

"Welcome home, nooksniffer", karkat said from the other room. When you guys made the agreement of living together in your two bedroom apartment, one of his conditions was to not yell all the time. One of yours was time keep your clothes off the floor. You can be a bit of a slob sometimes. "Thanks, asswipe," you say while smiling, because face it, you love the name calling, it makes your day 400% better, no matter what. "So how was work?" "Eh, tiring as ever. They asked me to stay because someone decided to call out at the last fucking second." You replied. You've worked at (favorite fast food place) for 6 years now and you were training to become an assistant manager. "Ew. That's rough fuckass." He said from the living room.

"So whatcha watching??" As you walk into the other room. "shIT SHIT NOTHING FUCK" he changed the channels before you could see what he was watching. "Aww was it one of those romantic pornos you love so much, hun?" You wink at him. You only call him those names when you're teasing him. His face immediately turned a bright red, which he told you in his species was mutataed. You always found his blush very cute, not that you'd tell him anyways. "N-NO. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BULDGE LICKER." "Then why did you change the channel babe?..." you asked in a "playfully seductive " voice. "Becauseitwassomethingabouthowtogeygirlstonoticeyou..." He mumbles. "What did you say?" "NEVER MIND IT DOESNT CONCERN YOU SHITLORD." he shouted. "Well damn fine. I'm gonna take a shower then head to bed. I'm fucking beat." You said as you started walking away, smiling to yourself because, even though you've had a rough day, he made you feel better.

-Time skip to mid shower-

You've always wandered what it would be like to be in a relationship with a troll. Sure you've been with humans, but never trolls. You've contemplated asking Karkat to, but that wouldn't be fair, would it? You mean, because you don't have feelings for him, right? The banter you always have is just freindly, or so you thought. You've know that whenever you saw him you'd get happy, but never thought twice of it. Could this be something blossiming or just your imagination?...