Chapter 5: My Kidney Hurts!

Min was launched a few meters away from the hit, spinning in the air from the force. The blow blasted through Min's armor and cut two inches into his side. However, due to the axe's angle, the cut wasn't as bad as it could have been.

The right side of his body throbbed with pain!

'F*ck, F*ck, F*ck, this hurts! God damn! I think he nicked an organ or two!'

After barely landing, Min cursed under his breath as he held his side. That blow did 150 damage all by itself! He was lucky his attribute-enhancing skill increased END, otherwise, he would be below 50 HP right now.

Even with the increase, Min was only hovering above 100 HP. How terrifying!

Timurid's body heaved while he glared at Min. The Beastman gritted his teeth and charged toward Min with his axe raised. Min struggled to his feet and dropped his sword, focusing entirely on dodging this next attack.

But Timurid never made it.

As he sprinted toward Min with killing intent spewing forth, his eyes lost their light and his body rag-dolled. His hulking mass crashed against the floor and slid toward Min.

Min quickly hopped out of the body's path as it slowed to a stop. Is he dead? Min would only be sure if he received the mission completion notice. After a tense few seconds, he heard the notification noise.

—-----------------------------------------------------------

"-3 (from Severe Bleed)"

You have killed Timurid, gaining 940 Exp!

You have completed the Grade-F mission [Arena Deathmatch], receiving a reward of 2,000 Exp!

—-----------------------------------------------------------

Min sighed with relief. Now holding his side to slow the rate of blood loss, he frantically picked up his sword and hurriedly limped toward the southern gate. Blood poured out of his wound, hindering his mobility.

He needed to get to the healing shower to hopefully stabilize this terrible wound. As Min hurriedly left, the announcer's voice boomed from the speakers.

"The brutish "Fur Lord" Timurid falls to the "Cockroach" Meng Min, but not without a cost for the Cockroach! What an exhilarating match between these experienced fighters! Will we see the Cockroach in future deathmatches? Vote on the site to guess! Remember to purchase some food on your way out and do make sure to..."

The announcer gave a lengthy closing speech advertising the Arena and its amenities while Min ran into the southern gate. He pushed past the Arming room and went directly to the shower room, rapidly undressing and turning the water on.

A stinging pain assaulted Min's senses upon turning the water on. He clenched his teeth and hissed. For such a deep wound like this, he would have to rely on his natural healing to do the bulk of the work. The healing shower only stopped the bleeding and closed his wounds.

While his pain tolerance had increased since he transmigrated, this was one of the worst wounds he had received. Though the healing water was great for cleaning and closing his wounds, it increased the pain in the moment.

Min leaned his forehead against the shower wall and pounded against the wall with his left hand to distract from the pain. He cursed under his breath with each hit, mixing in some random words as well. When the torment finally subsided, he sighed and relaxed, letting the shower finish its job.

Min ran his hand across his scar-covered body, feeling the slight roughness the scars brought to it. While he had gotten a lot more jacked during this time, it came at a price. This new wound would only add to that price.