Chapter 7: Luck Charm

The halls of the Arena were quiet, despite the ongoing raid. The shift toward energy weapons had changed warfare yet again, allowing battles to attract less attention. This was technology's effect on war; something every intelligent species had gotten used to.

Following the path Min calculated in his brain, the two narrowly avoided many groups of mobilizing guards. The tunnel he had in mind was quite secluded, so all they had to do was be sneaky.

The two slowed at an intersection to check their surroundings. Min peeked around the corner and saw a guard only a few feet away. He quickly pushed Damira toward an open side door and closed it with his feet.

Though the sudden push did a little damage, she had entered the side room in time. The approaching guard, one of the higher-ranking grunts, stopped in front of Min.

"What are you doing out here? Wait... those are from the exhibit room!"

The guard reached for his audio-only communicator instantly. Min gritted his teeth before he drew his sword and quickly jabbed toward the guard's chest. His sword tore through the guard's uniform, quickly killing him. The uniform was meant to defend against laser blasts more than anything, so the sword was effective.

—-----------------------------------------------------------

You have dealt a fatal blow!

"-120 damage"

You have killed Arena Specialist (Lv. 7) and gained 360 Exp.

—-----------------------------------------------------------

Before Min could feel relief, a voice sounded from the communicator's speaker.

"Who turned their communicator on to the sound of someone dying? All transporting personnel, report your condition."

Min frowned heavily before squatting by the guard and grabbing the communicator. The other people on the communicator reported their call signs and conditions. After 0-8 reported his condition, silence lingered for a few moments. Min knew this was his time.

"0-9 speaking. I am in transit to the stadium front."

Min inhaled tensely while he awaited the response. A short silence remained before a furious voice came from the speaker.

"1-9 has been terminated! I repeat, 1-9 has been terminated! Possible infiltration! All units, watch-"

Min dropped the communicator as his face darkened. What the hell is that call sign format? Now, the Arena command would be suspicious of infiltrators, so they would be reluctant to remain on that communication channel. Since Min did not know how to operate a communicator, he could not try to change to their new channel. In short...

His luck was too poor!

Shaking this disappointment away, Min shot to full height and returned to the room he had thrown Damira in. "Sorry for throwing you so hard. They've caught on to our plan somewhat, so we have to hurry."

Min grabbed Damira's hand before she could reply and ran down the opposite hall. A combat notice related to Damira popped up in the Interface. He was curious to see her condition, so he checked her Character Information

—-----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Damira Tsuryn

Level: 3

Main Class: N/A

Subclass: Civilian Lv.3 (112/150)

Race: Galaxy Human

Attributes: 2 STR, 3 DEX, 2 END, 7 INT, 1 MYS, 2 CHA, 93 LUK

Health: 18/20

Stamina: 15/24