Chapter 4: Deathmatch

"...What's the real reason you brought her here?"

Min's gaze became suspicious. Fae had always been a trickster in the worst possible ways. She even peeked at him in the shower once!

Plus, he didn't want a slave for both moral and practical reasons. It was cramped enough in his room as is.

"In truth, we ran out of beds in the common quarters. We already have people bunched together there, so they told me to put her with you! Don't make too many babies~"

Fae giggled as she shoved the woman into the room and closed the curtain doors quickly. The curtains swayed due to the force, showing Fae's skipping figure escape.

These curtains never gave Min much privacy, so he rarely used the small TV to the left of the curtain door. He had always been an obedient kid and never made trouble for his parents, so he could entertain himself effectively. Well... never was a strong word.

An awkward silence permeated the room as Min returned to looking at the forum. The woman sat by him on the bed and tensely rested her hands in her lap, giving Min a side-eyed stare.

'Looks like there's only "Wow, Galaxy is here!" posts so far. Ah, there's the Nudity Club. Did they not read the rating for the game? Lewd behavior is banned for the Players! But it's not for me...'

Min laughed lightly to himself before remembering the woman was still there. He went to glance at her, but she spoke up with a puzzled voice before he could.

"Are you busy...?"

Min finished his head turn and met her gaze. Even Min would be confused by a stranger randomly laughing to themself, so he understood where she was coming from.

"Not really. Are you gonna ask me where you're sleeping? 'Cuz you're sitting on it."

Min patted the bed they were both sitting on. It was a twin-sized bed, and it only barely fit Min by himself. Now he had to sleep with a woman? They'd practically be cuddling! Strangers shouldn't be that intimate!

He wasn't like the Great, Venerable Han- he had little experience with women. He did, however, possess discipline- a skill cultivated from both before and after transmigration. The woman looked down at the bed, processed what he said, and replied.

"Oh. Where will you sleep?"

Min pointed at the bed.

"Here. We'll both be sleeping here since this room's basically just a bed."

The woman looked quite bothered by this and her grip on the sheets tightened.

"Oh. Uhm... is there not another way?"

Min was speechless. Did she forget about their situation?

"If you complain, they'll put you on the floor. We're enslaved, remember? You must be new... have they told you what you're going to be doing?"

The woman seemed to remember something. Her entire demeanor changed as she tapped her chin lightly, trying to recall her position.

"Hmm... They said I would be a server, if I remember right. Please forget my concerns about the bed."

Min's eyebrows lightly rose. She was a little too calm in this situation. Even Min was rather flustered when he got captured. Well, that's a misrepresentation. He was very scared at the time.

Seeing this woman act like it was a normal Tuesday caused many possibilities to flash through his head, but he decided to not comment on them for now.

"So, what's your name? Mine's Meng Min, but you can call me Min."