The Time That we Became Friends

Start from the beginning

This continued for a while until my arm was completely clean, when the boy was satisfied with his work, he brought the kit to him, took a bandage out of it and looked at me.

"Now I'm going to bandage your wound Miss Ei, so with this we can make sure that dirt doesn't get into it and it heals faster"

"Please, go ahead" After hearing my permission, Aether began to slowly cover my arm with the bandage, turn after turn I couldn't take my eyes off him until my trance was interrupted by his voice.

"It must have been a very hard battle for you to have been injured Miss Ei, I have seen you train from my window and let me tell you that you are excellent with the sword" a strange sensation took over my body, I felt how it became a little hotter.

"Not at all, I just got to reckless, I had to protect the civilians and in an oversight one of the monsters attacked my arm"

"At least you were able to save your people"

"Yes, that is one of Makoto's requests, that we protect the people of Inazuma" Aether continued to gently bandage my arm, Makoto had done this before, but for some reason this one felt different, when he did it, it felt so good, I felt my body relax with the contact of his hands.

"Makoto doesn't fight, or does she? I never saw her train and she mostly handles everything that she needs to do inside the palace"

"Quite perceptive of you, but yes, you are correct, Makoto only knows the basics of fighting, I take care of that, I protect her and Inazuma while she is in charge of attending to the needs of the people and taking care of Inazuma"

"Mhm, that's what we imagined with Lumine, she and your sister became quite close for the short time we were here"

"Indeed, Makoto has that habit of making friends everywhere, but it's much harder for me" And I was right, the truth is that if neither Saiguu nor Chiyo had approached me first, we probably wouldn't have been friends.

"Don't say that miss Ei, I consider you my friend" Aether looked at me for like the thousandth time with a smile, but this time, I felt that warm sensation return to my body.

"You...do?" I asked, surely, I had heard it wrong.

"Yes!" I felt how that warm sensation became stronger, my cheeks seemed to be on fire "You saved my life and my sister's, you took care of us while we recovered, you let us live in your home and now you let me return the favor by helping you recover from your injuries, that's not what friends are for?" that smile of his, it makes me feel like all my problems will disappear and everything will be fine.

"I-I guess so..."

"Great! So that makes us friend miss Ei" I couldn't help but smile a little, but something didn't feel right with the way he called me, contrary to his hands, it felt very cold.

"Ei"

"Sorry?"

"If we are going to be friends, I want you to call me Ei"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"O-Okay...Ei" he said my name very low, but not enough for me not to hear it, a smile escaped my mouth, luckily he didn't look me in the face because if he did, he would see how happy he made me and that would be very embarrassing.

I opened my eyes, there was nothing, Aether had disappeared, the only thing my eyes saw was the eternal red of the plane of Euthymia, I felt a wet sensation on my cheeks, when I brought my hands to them, I felt tears fall from my eyes.

"Makoto...Aether..." I closed my eyes again, the tears kept falling, but it doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is achieving eternity, that's what they would have wanted.