She grudgingly nodded her head before heading back into the dining room, Lance in tow.
I shifted once I closed the door behind me and ran through the pouring rain to the cabin.
As soon as I entered I felt more alone than ever.
I stripped my clothes off at the door and headed to take a shower. The warm water cascaded down my back, relieving the tension.
My mind drifted to Ashley, her beautiful face appearing before me.
How I wanted to go out there and look under every nook and cranny to find her. I needed her to be fine, I don't know what I would do without her.
My mind flashed back to those many years ago, a face so like Ashley. But it wasn't Ashley, they had the same black hair but her eyes were a deep chocolate brown fringed with long lashes. She had a small nose and rosebud lips. And two dimples every time she smiled.
Tears filled my eyes and poured out, mixing in with the water.
Two people I was unable to keep safe.

But although I had lost her, I could still do something to save Ashley. What I would give to have her pressed against me, her arms tightly clutching on to me. To whisper that she loved me, her breath sending a shiver down my back. I would do anything to have Ashley right beside me, safe and sound. I would shout out to the world that she was my mate and I would never let her go.
But I couldn't. The rouges had her and were doing lord knows what to her.
I stared up and all I could do was pray that she was okay, that they weren't tormenting her.
With relunctance I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my waist.
I dressed in a holliste maroon shirt and blue jeans before putting on some boots. Not the polo onces Ashley had gotten me, since I didn't want to ruin them with the mud.

The rain had slowed down some but I would still get soaked on the way to the pack house.
Just as I was about to exit I heard a long beep and lights through my window.
I opened it to find the SUV parked out front, I couldn't make out who was driving. With a shrug I threw on my grey jacket and ran to it, throwing myself in the seat. Warm air blasted through the vents and I was surprised to see Ash.
He didn't make any move to back the truck out.
" I wanted to talk to you briefly." Ash said into the silence looking off into the distance then back towards me. "Although I don't like you very much, I'd like to call a truce. Right now we should just focus on finding my sister."

His voice sounded hoarse, from trying to hold back his emotions.
Ashley was his twin and I knew before I came along, that they were inseparable. I could only imagine how he felt at the moment.
"We'll find Ashley." I assured.
His eyes were red rimmed and he had to swallow numerous times before speaking.
"I know we will, I just dont know in what form." he said softly.
I couldn't say anything since I was thinking the same thing as him.
He drove away and soon enough we made it back to the pack house.
Once we made it inside I was grateful for the warmth that enveloped me.
"Everyone is already in the office." Ash informed me and I nodded.

"Come in." Chris yelled from the other side of the door and Ash opened the door.
Everyone was indeed in the room, including Samantha and Brent. All the seats were taken, so I decided to lean against the wall. As soon as I noticed Aaron my mood turned sour.
"So we all know why we are here." Chris began looking at us all then back to his mate "But what you don't know is why the rouges wanted Ashley. So I should start with what happened eighteen years ago."

"Its my story to tell." Sam said firmly and Chris nodded in understanding.
All eyes stared at her intently.
"To start off, it's very well known that I was not born a werewolf." she began and I nodded, already knowng that she was half human due to her odd scent "Up until I met Chris eighteen years ago, I thought I was just a normal human. Or as normal as could be, under the circumstances."
Her eyes misted over with unshed tears, and Chris held on to her hand tughtly, offering comfort.
"You see, all my life I had been mistreated and abuse by my father..."
"Grandpa Bryan abused you ?" Ash's angry voice cut in harshly.
"Let your mother speak." Chris chided, as he settled her onto his lap.
She looked down at him with so much love, I looked away.
She finally turned back to us.