Ch 13

November 12, 1955

9:15 p.m.

Marty's POV

We arrived at the dance. Biff got out of the car. I tried to reach the book but Biff came back. Luckily, Annie and I ducked before he could see us. Biff took the book and headed into the gym. Annie and I followed him and hid in the corner.

I talked into the walkie-talkie, "Doc, Doc."

No response from him. Annie took the binoculars and looked through them.

She gave them to me and said, "Take a look."

I looked through and saw the other her and dad together on the dance floor.

I looked at her and mumbled, "So glad that I wasn't you. Dad dances badly."

She nodded and added, "Thank God he's better at slow dancing."

We sneaked out onto the floor trying not to be noticed. We got to the other side of the floor and I looked through the binoculars again. I saw Biff and his goons near the punch, spiking it.

I whispered to Annie, "Uh, you didn't take any of the punch, did you?"

She shook her head and asked, "No, why?"

I was about to tell her but something caught my eye. The goons and Biff were looking sheepish for some reason. I looked through the binoculars and saw Strickland eyeing them. They then went outside and we followed suit. We got outside and hid behind the pole.

We heard Biff asking his goons, "Where is that punk Calvin Klein?"

One of his goons answered, "I don't know. I'm not his secretary."

I whispered to Annie, "He's got that right."

Annie giggled a little at my joke and we heard Biff saying, "Well find him. That punk caused 300 bucks damage to my car and I owe him a knuckle sandwich! Now, find him!"

With that, the goons took off. Annie and I peeked around the corner and saw Biff sitting on the rail. Just then, a Packard drove into the parking lot. I looked through the binoculars and saw the other me and my mom pulling in.

I showed Annie and she whispered, "Perfect."

We jumped off the bar and landed on the bottom of the staircase. We slowly walked up, I was reaching for the almanac, and I was about to grab it when...

A voice called Biff, "Well, well Mr. Tannen what a surprise to see you here."

Biff turned, I leaned up against the wall, and Annie copied me. Biff and Mr. Strickland had a casual conversation and then Mr. Strickland took the almanac.

I whispered to Annie, "Never thought I be glad that Mr. Strickland would get that book."

Annie nodded and responded, her voice near a whisper, "Me either."

Mr. Strickland called Biff a slacker and headed off for his office. We followed him and when we passed by the Packard, Annie and I crept by.

I heard my other self blurted out, "You smoke too?"

Mom responded, "Marty, you're starting to sound like my mother."

My other self responded, "Yeah, right."

She added, "When I have kids, I'll let them do anything they want."

My other self mumbled, "I like to have that in writing."

I whispered, "Yeah, me too."

Annie whispered, "So glad that I wasn't you."

We got into the school and got to Strickland's office.

I whispered to Annie, "You better wait out here. Just in case."

Annie gave me a kiss of good luck on my lips.

She responded, her voice near a whisper, "Be careful, Marty."

I blushed at her and sneaked in. With that kind of encouragement, how could I not succeed? After a few tries and after Strickland threw the book out and left, I got the book out of the garbage and Annie came in.

She asked, "I saw Strickland leaving. Do you have the book?"

I showed her the book. I opened it and my face fell.

I blurted out, "It's not the almanac! It's 'O-oh-la-la'!"

Annie's face fell and responded, "That must mean that Biff still has the book!"

I decided to call in Doc, "Doc, Doc come in."

Doc's voice came over the line and he asked, "Marty, Annie what's up?"

Annie responded, "Doc, we blew it!"

He asked, "Where's the book?"

I responded, "We don't know! Biff must still have it!"

Doc asked, frantic, "Then, where's Biff?"

Annie answered, "We have no idea, Doc!"

Doc responded, "The entire future of the world rests on you two finding and getting that book back!"

'Talk about pressure,' I thought.

I responded, "We know! It's just..."

Just then, we heard mom screaming at Biff to let dad go. We both looked out the window and saw it.

Annie and I said, in unison, "Of course!"

I shouted, "We've got to go!"

Annie added, "We've got one chance! Uncle George is about to deck Biff!"

We ran out the door and saw dad decking Biff. We both high fived each other and our other selves arrive and did the same thing.

Annie and I said, in unison, "Talk about déjà vue."

Dad and mom walked back into the gym and our other selves ran off. Annie and I went over to a knocked out Biff.

I said to the crowd, "Okay, let's just back off on him guys. Let's give him a little bit of room."

Annie added, "And a little bit of air. We know CPR."

A guy leaning over Biff, who was starting to wake up, asked, "What's CPR?"

Biff was awake now and saw the two of us as he asked, "You two?"

Annie joked, "Show him what CPR is, Marty."

I decked Biff and he passed out again. I grabbed the almanac and we ran off.

Annie jokingly told me, "CPR: See, Punch, and Run."

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!