Ch 10

Marty's POV

Annie and I entered the hotel through the back way and got into the den. We saw Biff in a hot tub with two girls, neither of them my mom. They were watching 'A Fist Full of Dollars'. Clint Eastwood revealed that he was wearing a bulletproof vest.

Biff said, "That's damn brilliant!" I clicked the remote. Biff swore and asked, "What the hell?" Biff turned around and saw me and Annie. The girls got close to him and he said, angrily, "You two?"

"Party's over, Biff," Annie said coldly.

I threw the remote into the hot tub and said, "Sorry ladies."

We walked over to them and Annie said, her voice ice-cold, "There is a little matter we have to discuss."

Biff still looked mad and said, "Money? Well, forget it."

I shook my head and responded, coldly, "No, not money. Grey's World Sports Almanac."

Biff's face fell and he mumbled, "You heard them, girls. Party is over."

We both turned around so that everyone could get decent. Biff got his bathrobe on and led us to his office.

He demanded, "Start talking to you two. What else do you know about that book?"

Annie answered, "First, tell us how you got it."

I added, "How, where, and when."

We really cared about the when of all things.

Biff seemed too confident for some reason and answered, "Okay, take a seat." We both sat down and we let him tell his story. He started, "November 12, 1955. That was when."

Annie and I exchanged surprised looks and I started to say, "November 12, 1955? That was the day we..." Annie coughed, making me quickly recover, "I mean, that's the day of Hill Valley's famous lightning storm."

Biff seemed impressed and said, "You know you're history, very good. I was picking up my car from the repair shop because I rolled it in a drag race the other day."

Annie perked up and responded, "Hey, I thought you crashed into a manure truck."

I shot her a look and Biff perked up at this.

He asked, "How the hell did you know that?"

Annie recovered and answered, "Uncle George told me that."

He shot her another look and repeated, "Your uncle?"

Annie nodded and responded, "Yeah, before he died."

Biff shrugged. He bought the story.

He said, opening a safe behind his picture, "Yeah, right. Anyways, there I was minding my business when a crazy old man came up to me and said he's my distant relative. I see no connection. Anyways, he asked me, 'how would you like to be rich'. I said, 'yeah, sure' and he laid this book on me." He showed us the almanac. I tried to grab it but he pulled it away from me and added, "I said, 'what's the catch'. He said, 'no catch, just keep it a secret'."

He put the book back into the safe. Without him noticing, I took a matchbook. He put the picture back in place, sat back in his chair, and added, "Oh and he told me one other thing. He said that one day a crazy, wild haired scientist or two kids might show up asking about that book. And if that ever happens..." He showed us a gun and got it ready. He smirked and added, "Funny. I never thought it would be you two."

Annie looked at me, panic in her eyes.

I smirked and responded, "Yeah, but you're forgetting one thing, Biff." I pointed behind him and blurted out, "What the hell is that?"