Ch 5

Marty's POV

Doc had busted me with the almanac and we saw Clayton taking Annie to our future home.

I perked up at this chance and asked, "You mean I'm going to get to see where I live? I'm going to see myself as an old man!"

Doc shook his head and started to answer, "Marty, I'm afraid that's too risky..." He gasped and added, "Great Scott! Annie could stumble upon her future self! The consequences of that could be disastrous."

I grabbed him and asked, "Whoa, Doc. What do you mean?"

I just hope this wasn't one of those disappearing from the universe sort of thing I went through in 1955.

Doc answered, "I foresee two possibilities. One: coming face-to-face with her younger self, the older Annie will just simply pass out and the younger Annie will use it as an excuse to leave or two: the meeting could cause a paradox and destroy the universe, limited to our own galaxy. Granted, that's the worst case scenario."

I responded, sarcasm in my voice, "That's a relief."

Though, I couldn't help but wonder why Annie wouldn't faint at the sight of her being old.

Doc brought me out of my thoughts and responded, "We've got to get to your house and make sure that the two don't meet." He added, throwing the almanac in the garbage, "And this stays here. I didn't invent a time machine to win at gambling. I invented a time machine to go through time."

"I know, Doc. I know," I responded.

The two of us got into the De Lorean, unaware that someone was listening in.

...

Annie's POV

We got to our future home in Hilldale and Clayton pressed his finger up to a plate.

The automatic voice said, "Welcome home, Clayton."

'Cool, automatic welcome,' I thought.

Clayton turned to me and said, "I've got some homework I need to finish. Keep an eye out for grandpa and grandma."

I nodded and responded, "Sure, Clay."

With that, Clayton went upstairs. I decided to snoop around. After all, this was my future home. I was looking around, and I discovered a picture of me, Marty, and Doc. I took out my wallet, took out a picture of Marty, Doc, and me at Pizza Hut for my seventeenth birthday party, and compared the two pictures. They were the same. I was about to check the other pictures, and the doorbell went off. I went to answer and there was an older Aunt Lorraine and Uncle George. Uncle George was upside down.

I said, "Grandma, grandpa! Good to see you! But, what happened to grandpa?"

Aunt Lorraine answered, "Oh, he threw his back out, again."

Clayton came back down and smiled at the company.

He said, "Hi, grandma and grandpa."

Aunt Lorraine waved hello and waved a small package in front of us and said, "I've brought pizza!"

'That small package has pizza? Now, this is heavy duty stuff,' I thought.

Clayton perked up and responded, "Who's going to eat all that?"

Uncle George smiled and answered, jokingly, "I could."

Aunt Lorraine went over to a screen and said, "They still haven't fixed this screen yet?"

Clayton shook his head and responded, "Well, the screen repair guy did come but when he called dad chicken, dad threw him out of the house."

I perked up at this. Marty did seem to act different when someone called him chicken.

Aunt Lorraine explained to us, "About thirty years ago, your father tried to prove he wasn't chicken. But he got into a terrible automobile accident."

Clayton perked up and responded, "Oh yeah with the Royals Royce."

Automobile accident with a Rolls Royce? That car could rip through any kind of car...even a four-by-four truck. I put my hand to my head, trying to fake that I had a headache.

I said, "I think I'm going to pass on the pizza, guys. I don't feel like myself."

'If only they knew the truth,' I thought.

Clayton shot me a look and before he could ask me a question, the automatic voice caught our attention.

The voice said, "Welcome home, Marty. Lord of the manor, king of the castle."

I spun around and saw a forty-seven Marty coming in the door. I quickly hid in a closet near-by without anyone noticing me.

I heard him say, "Dad's home!"

'Ah, crap. Doc, Marty, where the hell are you,' I thought.

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!