Ch 12

November 12, 1955

8:55 p.m.

Doc's POV

I got over to the address I found in the phone book. I was so worried about the time circuits that I had forgotten to ask Marty and Annie where Biff's house was. I finally got into an opened garage and saw that there was no car there as well as no Marty or Annie.

I muttered, "Damn, where the hell are those kids?"

Just then, my walkie-talkie came to life.

I heard Marty's voice whispering, "Doc, come in."

I answered, "Marty, Annie where the hell are you two? I found Biff's place but you two weren't there!"

Annie responded, "You just missed us, Doc. Biff is now going to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance!"

My heart skipped a beat. If those two ran into their other selves, it could spell utter disaster.

I exclaimed, "Marty, Annie..."

Before I could continue, I found myself at City Hall where I saw a tarp covering a car. No, it couldn't be... I looked under the tarp and saw the other De Lorean.

I whispered under my breath, "Great Scott!" I went back to Marty and Annie and responded, "We'll have to abort this mission, you two. It's getting far too dangerous!"

'Especially for me! I know my other self is around here somewhere,' I thought, miserably.

Marty brought me out of my thoughts and responded, "Relax, Doc. The book is on Biff's dash board."

Annie added, "We'll grab it when he gets to the school."

'Not exactly what I meant, you two,' I thought.

I responded, "Marty, Annie. It is absolutely critical that you not run into your other selves!"

Marty asked, sounding confused, "Our other selves?"

I responded, "Yes! Remember, you're other selves are at that exact same dance with Marty's parents."

Annie moaned, "Right, this could get heavy, Doc."

I rolled my eyes at Annie's joke but she couldn't have been more right!

I started to say, "It's absolutely vital that you be extra careful..."

Before I could finish my statement, a familiar voice called me.

He asked, "Excuse me?"

I turned around and saw my younger self! I quickly turned back around and hoped to God that he didn't see me.

He seemed to ignore that fact and asked, "Could you hand me a three by five wrench out of that toolbox?"

I backed up to the toolbox and replied, "Three fives? Uh, don't you mean two quarters?"

My younger self seemed impressed and responded, "Why, yes. How did you know that?"

I answered, "Oh, I've happened to have a little experience in this area."

He said, "Well, I'm hoping to see some lightning but the weatherman says that we're not going to have any rain."

I smiled and responded, "Oh, there is going to be a lot of rain alright. Wind, thunder, lightning...it's going to be one hell of a storm."

He ignored that I knew that and responded, "Well, it was nice talking to you. Maybe we'll meet each other in the future."

I shook my head and whispered, "Or in the past."

With that, I got back on my bike and rode off for where I left the De Lorean. If I was going to save Marty and Annie, I was going to need four wheels that could fly. I prayed to God that Marty and Annie weren't having the same close encounter I was...

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!