Chap 11: Breaks my Heart

Start from the beginning

He looks at me, "Aren't you gonna put your seatbelt on?", He asks looking concerned at my lost expression.

"Oh.. oh yeah of course", I stupidly say quickly putting on my seatbelt. Stupid thoughts.

Noah starts driving and we stay silent till we get home. It's not an awkward silence it's just a normal there's nothing to say silence.

The car stops and I take my seat belt off. "Don't forget your bag", he says picking it up from the backseat.

"Thanks", I say as he hands me my bag.

"No problem", he says with a single nod.

I move to open the door but stop then turn to Noah again, "Thanks", I say and he has an amused face on.

"And I said no problem", he says.

"No really thanks. If it weren't for you then I would probably be walking to the principal's office with Mr Warren right now", I say.

"And if it weren't for me you wouldn't have gotten detention in the first place", he says then softly adds, "Sorry about that".

"It's okay.. I'm glad I actually got detention", I admit and he looks surprised. If I didn't go to detention then I wouldn't have known what it really was or how it really was. I would have never gotten to experience that but I did and maybe someday I can brag to my kids that on my first detention I escaped and didn't get caught.. okay no that would be a bad example. I mean, what type of mother would I be?. But anyways it was nice to experience such an adventure.

"Really?", Noah asks still a bit stunned that I'm actually glad I got detention.

"Yeah it was fun", I say with a smile and he smiles too.

"Yeah it was kinda fun. I mean, did you see Mr Warren's face when he didn't spot us in the lab", Noah says.

"I bet he was gonna let out curse words outside", I say and we both burst into laughter.

Our laughter dies down and both have bright smiles on our faces.

"So thanks Noah for getting me into and out of the detention", I say.

"Well thanks too, for being there with me", he says then adds, "It would have been a bit boring without you".

"A bit?", I tease.

"Nah I'm just kidding. It would have been really boring without you", he says and we both chuckle.

Noah and I just sit there staring at each other with soft smiles on our lips. My eyes roam his face and I take in every detail of it. From his brown eyes that always seem to make me get lost everytime I look at it to his lips.. oh God his lips. They seem fuller now and more pink. He licks them and I blink. Oh crap he knows I was looking.

"Uh.. I.. I should go", I stutter then carefully get down from the car. I turn to close the car door but pause when I see Noah's face light up.

"You know, I'm actually starting to think you've been secretly doing this behind my back", he says and I chuckle nervously.

"Oh stop", I say and we laugh. It soon dies down and we're having more of a bit solemn looks.

"Goodbye Abby",

"Goodbye Noah", I say then shut the door close. I walk to my house. When I get to the door I slowly turn back and I smile when I see him watching. It makes me think he actually cares.

I get into the house to meet my mum getting busy in the kitchen. I walk to her.

"Hey mum", I call out and she turns a bit looking at me.