Prologue Part 3: The Family's Last Dinner

"Dad! We're back!" Hemera pushes the door open cheerfully while holding her little brother's hand with her another hand and head inside the house.

"You two arrived just in time, the dinner is ready." Lareth smiles lovingly at both of his children.

        The house came alive with the comforting aroma of a home-cooked meal, as Lareth pats both of his children's head gently, "How's today's adventure? Did you two find something interesting?" 

"I found...some butterflies" Andrew answered in a soft tone, but not sure how to describe the things he found today. "I just found out some new flower species!" meanwhile Hemera answered excitedly after her brother.
"I see...glad that you two having fun" Lareth smiles while answering, but he paused for silence for a while, seems to be in deep thoughts, as he watches both of his children eating. 

"So..."

    Just when he was about to speak, a sudden and thunderous commotion destroys the peacefulness of a family dining. The walls of the house reverberated with an ominous resonance as an unseen dark creature unleashed a powerful strike. "Andrew! Hemera! RUN!! I'll take care of the dark dragon!!" Without giving them any time to react, the dark dragon strikes again towards them relentless. Surprisingly, Lareth managed to block the attack of the creature with his spear and turns to his children nervously, "Run as far as you can and seek for help! Don't worry about me!"

     As the older sibling, Hemera know that it is her responsible to protect her younger sibling, so she pulls Andrew towards her and carries him on her back, while running as fast as she cans towards a safer place. However, as she was about to reach her destination, she heard a loud explosion happened behind her.

     When she turns around to check on her dad, she couldn't believe what just saw....her beloved father, had sacrificed himself in front of his children. Andrew, who's being carried on Hemera's back, gasps in terror as he saw that as well. Both of them had witnessed something that they shouldn't have seen in this age.

      However, that's not the worst thing that happens to them: the dark dragon didn't die from that explosion. Instead, they had become its next target and it is rushing towards their direction, as the siblings hug each other tightly, eyes widened in fear....