Chapter 1: Jathyries

Somewhere in the Hidden Forest, there's a group of people, who are so called the "Jathyries", work as patrollers all around the Land of Sky. They patrol around to keep everyone safe, as well as investigating the corrupted area, it can be up in the sky, or under the sea. 

Early in the morning, the Jathyries are having their morning prayers, leading by the current leader of Jathyries, Rim. "I pray to the Great Phoenix that throughout our work, everyone must be safety. May the Phoenix of Light protect us from darkness...so be it" 

After Rim closes the prayer, he smiles brightly, "Alright, let's proceed to our work!" However, he called out his little sister before leaving, "Raven, wait a minute."

"Yes, brother?"

Rim takes out a photo from his pocket, showing a nest of mysterious eggs in the photo, "Gaia took this photo and reported it to me, but now she's busy with other tasks. Can you help me to collect a sample of the eggs in Golden Wasteland."

"No problem brother."

Rim suddenly sighs, "By the way Gaia looks a bit sick today...maybe I should give her a rest today..."

"Worrying of your fiancée now?" 

Rim immediately blushes, "W..WHAT?! I- Go do your task now!"

"Whatever you say, brother," Raven giggles.

Soon, Raven sets off to Golden Wasteland for completing the task that her brother assigned. By riding on her flying manta ray pet, "Pom", reaching the destination can be so much faster and easier. "Higher, Pom" Raven gently tap on Pom's back, and Pom seems to understand human language by controlling the height of flying.

"Pom, I heard that some of the mantas are missing in Valley of Triumph, those eggs look very alike to manta eggs, would it be..."

Out of a sudden, Pom let out a high-pitch noise, like a sharp arrow cutting through the silence. Raven immediately understands that it is a warning, signaling that there's incoming danger. "Pom! What is it?? What did you....see..."

To Raven's terror, a monstrous-looking manta ray suddenly emerges towards them. The black colour all over the body of the manta ray, glowing red eyes and corrupted noises that the manta ray is making...These proofs that this manta ray is a living threat.

"TURN AWAY POM!! TURN AWAY-"
In a blink of an eye, the black manta had already knocked Raven off from Pom in mid-air, causing her from falling down towards the ground...