Instant Regret - Part 3

Comincia dall'inizio

"Oh, crazy's my favorite!" Spyder said excitedly.

————

"Everybody clear on the plan?" I asked through the Mech-links.

"Leo and I get Mech-X4 up and running." Harris said.

"Spyder distracts the monster, and I slow it down." Mark added.

"Good and I'll get mom back and we won't let Harper fire that missile." I said before signing off. I was outside of Harper Futuristics, around the corner from the main entrance getting all the tech I brought with me ready. I was trying to kill to birds with one stone, and was able to tap into Harpers security cameras as I worked. After searching his databases in my head, I came across his secret levels cameras. If Harper was going to keep Dakota anywhere, I assumed it would be there. There had to be hundreds of doors, no cameras were in the rooms, just the hallways. So instead, I used my powers to unlock every single door I could. I had to try something. 

"Hey bro we slowed Harper down the best we could, but he's already on the move" Marks voice said through the Mech-links. I looked over my shoulder as I ran to see the monster slowly standing back on its feet. A few short moments later, Harper and Mom walked out of the mouth of the monster that stood outside the main doors. I followed a ways behind them, watching Morris hand Harper the trigger.

"The trigger is know shielded from the technopath." Morris says. "You can launch it anytime." I blasted the trigger out of his hand, with one of the drones that I had flying behind me.

"You're not launching anything." I had some fun shooting more lasers to keep them from getting to the trigger on the ground. I sort of enjoyed myself a bit. "Now get away from my mom, and give me the trigger." I said. "Or else I'll give you a hair cut. From the inside out."

"Oooo. Okay, one edgy." Harper said from the ground. "And two, I don't have it." Morris was rising from the ground, remote in hand, eyes locked on me. Before I could set off more lasers, Morris was hit from behind in the back of the head with what looked like a scrap piece of metal. He fell, out cold, dropping the trigger across the floor, Dakota was standing behind him. 

"You're okay." I said absolutely relieved, before she herself fell to the floor. She wasn't out like Morris, but something was wrong, like she had to use all her energy just to stand and hit him. 

"What do you mean by okay?" She asked, completely out of breath, barely able to keep her face off the floor.

"How!" Harper yelled, absolutely furious. 

"I have my ways." She smirks at him. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see my mom bend down and pick up the trigger.

"Oh, look at that. You want to blast the person holding the trigger Ryan, go ahead. She's standing right over there." Harper said with a smile. It felt as if time had stopped as Grace bent down and picked up the trigger.

"Mom, give me the trigger you don't want to do this. If you press that button. It is literally the end of everything." I say, trying to be calm

"He makes a very good point, but here's mine, do it!" Harper yelled.

"I don't care what Harper put in your brain, you're stronger than it." I said as Mom looked from Harper to Dakota to me.

"Okay, this whole, family moment, is adorable but you know what, I'm bored and I want it over!" Harper snapped. "Ryan, your not going to hurt your mom."

"You're right." I said as the drones fell to my feet. "And she won't hurt me. No matter what you did to her. You're my mother. You adopted me, you fought for me my entire life. I know you're in there! So fight it!"