In a wide eyed moment of realization, the white haired boy held his breath. "She's recovering."

"She's the strongest they've got available, next to you." Yaga continued. "No matter what, she's just as stuck as you are in all of this. If you love and want to protect her, you'll be fighting a war on two fronts for the rest of your life. Whether it be curses or Jujutsu Society, it'll all feel the same."

"If they touch her, they're dead." Satoru snarled, his fingernails digging into his wooden desk. "I'll kill every last one of them, I swear by it."

"She wouldn't want that." Yaga simply stated. "Nor would it do much. Whether they live or die, she lives in a world of curses. No matter what, none of us will ever be free from that."

•~•

You continued on your journey through the clan. For the most part, everything seemed like what you'd expect. There were more houses with different name plates, belonging to different families within the clan. You also stumbled your way back to the training grounds, though you left as soon as you came. Another training session with Akio was a thought that sent shivers down your spine.

You continued on to the weaponry, food storage, and the ensemble of meeting rooms of varied sizes and importance. But no matter how far you walked, you couldn't shake off a strange sensation. You could've sworn someone was watching you.

Peering out of every crevice in every alley way, you could feel a distinct pair of eyes... or two... or three? And though you could clearly feel it, any attempts you made to figure out what it was were all in vain. You'd discreetly look over your shoulder or in the reflection of any of the ponds, but all it would amount to was an odd bird here and there. At some point, you felt maybe you were just gaslighting yourself.

Until now.

"Mphf-!"

A breath of air desperately tried to escape your lips, but it was muffled by a stiff rough hand. It was wrapped in a rough black cotton glove, obtrusive enough to hide any identifiable features. Luckily your reaction time was immaculate, quickly turning your head before the hand could get a grip to silence you for good.

You ducked out from under their arm, turning your head to see who or what it was that was attacking you. Could it be a test from Akio? Or maybe it was an external threat? Your quick glance wouldn't reveal too many answers as you noticed the figure was entirely draped in black. It was as if shadow itself consumed whatever it was that was after you.

The hidden figure scoffed, switching to an offensive stance as their arms flew in your direction. You dodged with quick precision, getting some good distance away from them. Now, you stood a meter apart as you found more time to digest what was going on. There was no way this person could be anything other than a foe. But why were you being targeted? Did you get on someone's bad side?

Unless it's someone after Satoru... that would make a lot more sense. Not only were you far from being the strongest, you were also 'in recovery' after a very public battle. Match that with a rushed engagement and clan indoctrination, you were seen to be very valuable to the Gojo's. On paper, you were the perfect point of weakness for the number one clan.

But you're not going to let yourself be the weakest link.

A few more arms shot out from your blindspot, barely dodging them with seconds to spare. If they were after you, you wouldn't be surprised if more of them were scattered about. Were they undetected because they weren't using Jujutsu?

Whatever the case was, you jumped back for more distance between you and what now stood to be four suspects. Each of them were clad in black, draped by a similar shadowy presence. What should you do... what should you do... times like these are where you're the most uncertain. Though they're hostile, you couldn't rule them out as Sorcerers. Using Jujutsu on non-sorcerers was forbidden, so you were stuck with hand-to-hand combat for the time being. Though Satoru wouldn't care and fling his technique around without any remorse for the rules, you don't want to risk the repercussions - especially with how many times you've had the word execution strung around your neck.