𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Sorting through Katara's clothes in her room, I'm swapping out the ones she's outgrown while she enjoys tummy time on the rug, babbling away with Maxon

Sorting through Katara's clothes in her room, I'm swapping out the ones she's outgrown while she enjoys tummy time on the rug, babbling away with Maxon. It sounds like he's at his office, all suited up for work, and he's got a visitor waiting to see him.

I pick up my phone, noticing Kat's about to nod off on the rug. I start to ask Maxon if I should call him back, but he insists it's all good. He doesn't mind the noise of me folding clothes while he's on the other end. I nod to myself, thankful for his understanding, and keep at my task.

Time flies as I finish organizing, and I hear Katara's little whimpers signaling she's hungry. Perfect timing—my body's ready to feed her. I scoop her up and settle in to nurse her right there on the carpet.

Phone in hand, I'm scrolling through Instagram when a call from Ari comes in. I quickly decline it and then call her back, full of cheer as I hear her voice. Ari and I chat for the next hour, and I'm getting a bunch of texts from Maxon.

Ari and I make plans for dinner this weekend, and now I'm craving my favorite food. There's still light outside, so I pack us up for a quick run out to grab a bite and make it back before dark.

Katara's not thrilled about the car seat, but we manage. Wallet, keys, phone, diaper bag—all checked. I settle Kat in the back, hop in the driver's seat, and we're off with my phone hooked up to the Bluetooth.

After our meal, I toss the trash and head back to the car with Katara, realizing we need more diapers and wipes. I decide to carry her into Target for speed. I fill up a cart in the baby section, feeling like someone's eyes are on me, but a quick look around shows nothing.

Still feeling watched at checkout, I ask the young guy ringing me up for a hand to the car, just to be safe. Once we're in the car, the feeling fades, and we leave Target without issue.

I'm checking the rearview mirror when my phone rings—it's Maxon.

Babycakes🍰❤️
Hello, my dear

My Nigga👅😩
Why did you abruptly end the call earlier and not call me back?

Babycakes🍰❤️
Ari called me, and then I had to rush out to get a few things, but now I'm on my way back home

My nigga👅😩
Oh, well, how far away are you from home?

Babycakes🍰❤️
Why do you need to know?

My Nigga👅😩
Because I want to ensure that both of you arrive home safely

Babycakes🍰❤️
We will be home soon, but I think you should go and check on your girlfriend first!

My Nigga👅😩
Don't worry about her, I've got her covered. You just focus on yourself and Katara

As I settle back into the rhythm of home life, I can't help but feel a twinge of frustration. Maxon's got a girl, yet he's all up in my business, and I'm not about that life. I care about him, sure, but I'm set on keeping my love life clear of any drama or jealousy that might come from his hovering.

Katara's chilling on the play mat, absorbed in Finding Dory, while I whip up a sweet lavender lemonade cocktail for myself. It's a moment of peace, just me, my drink, and the movie.

The night's caught up with us; it's half-past ten. I rinse my glass, scoop Katara up, and we head upstairs. She's barely awake as I get her ready for bed, tucking her in with her storybook and setting up the baby monitor. She's out like a light.

I'm ready to wind down, so I grab a shower and go through my bedtime routine. I pump for a while, toss the milk, clean the equipment, and hit the sack. The TV's on for background noise, but I'm out cold in no time.

The house is quiet, just me and Katara breathing softly. But outside, something's stirring. Unseen, there's a watchful eye that's been tracking us since we got back. There's trouble brewing, something wicked and unseen, growing stronger in the shadows.
...

 There's trouble brewing, something wicked and unseen, growing stronger in the shadows