BRAIDS

"hey." mingi quietly greets yuna as he makes his way into the living room after putting the twins down for a nap.

"hey, baby." she gives him a small smile as he sits beside her, her hand finding its way to the back of his head and twisting his hair around her fingers, "were they okay?"

"yeah, they were fine." he was staring at the table in front of them, fiddling with the drawstring of his sweatpants, "can i ask you something?"

"sure."

"do you promise not to laugh at me?" he looks at her like a sad puppy and she giggles softly at his expression.

"why would i laugh at you, you big baby?" with a smile she plants a quick kiss to his cheek to which his face brightens up a little. "what's up?"

"will you..." he hesitates and yuna quickly takes his hand in his own, squeezing it gently. with a long exhale, he looks into her eyes before quietly continuing, "will you teach me how to braid hair? maybe let me practice on you?"

her brows raise at the odd question before she nods. "sure. may i ask why though?"

"i want to be able to do eunji's hair. i was just looking at her and her hair—and hakkun's, i won't lie—is getting really long and it got me thinking that i'd like to be able to do her hair, you know? i don't want to have her come to me one day to have her hair done only for me to say i can't. and it'll be less for you to do too because you won't always have to be the one to do it."

"mingi, you are so cute! ugh, i could just gobble you up!" she coos, squishing his cheeks together as he cringes, pushing her away. "of course i'll teach you and of course you can practice on me. why would i laugh at you for that?"

"i don't know, i just thought it might sound stupid or something. let's do it later though, right now i just wanna hold you."

"then hold me, you big baby!"

"oh my god, i love you." he laughs as she throws her leg over his, his arms wrapping around her waist while hers find their way around his shoulders, squeezing him gently.

"you know, it's really sweet of you to ask me that." she mumbles against his neck before gently pressing her lips against his skin.

"is it?" she hums in response and he smiles softly, "why's that?"

"i don't know, it just is. i feel like a lot of guys wouldn't consider that so, it's really nice that you did."

"well, i just don't want you to get too stressed with them. i know it's usually expected of mothers to, you know, do the hair and pack the lunches and make sure they're ready for school. in addition to that, i won't be here all the time to help you out so, when i am around, i'd like to be able to help in any way i can. i don't wanna be one of those guys who just leaves it all up to the woman and i also don't wanna be the guy who thinks 'i'm at work all day every day so, why should i have to wake up early to help?'"

"i love you so much, you know that, right?" she mumbles again, this time sitting up to press her lips against his own, holding his face in her hands. "you will never understand how much you mean to me. and even though i don't tell you half as much as you tell me, you are so important to me."

"i know, baby. you don't have to tell me for me to know that." he grins at her as her eyes start to water and he kisses her cheek gently, "stop being sappy or you'll start bawling your eyes out and then your phone'll blow up."

she chuckles along with him for a moment before she sits up, eyes wide and mouth agape, "how crazy is that?"

"what?"