Chapter 26: Taking an Exam, Watching a Film

Start from the beginning

The photo Chu Xia sent wasn't very large. Cen Zhengnian put it in the pocket of his shirt; it fit perfectly.

However, as the project reached its final stage, it was the busiest time, and he didn't have the opportunity to take it out and look at it.

Almost every day, he slept in the lab. He didn't even have time to ask if Jiang Shengnan had prepared the materials.

The busy Cen Zhengnian doesn't know that there is also an uninvited guest here for Chu Xia.

"Big sister?" Chu Xia's eyebrow jumps as she sees that it's Luo Chuyu and moves aside to let her in.

Luo Chuyu's days are much better than the original owner's because she follows a powerful mother-in-law. Although she has a heart for her natal family, she can't take out a single cent to subsidize them, and even her salary is held by her mother-in-law.

She wasn't free, but she didn't have to go hungry or suffer from the cold. Her mother-in-law had taken care of all that. All she had to do at her mother-in-law's house was take care of her husband.

Because her husband has the IQ of a seven- or eight-year-old, he can't be left alone.

If she were a mother who loved her daughter, even if the family they were marrying into was well-off, she wouldn't agree to her daughter marrying into such a family.

Wang Yulan obviously wouldn't think that much about her daughter. She only thought of the benefits her family would get after her eldest daughter married over.

Unfortunately for her, Luo Chuyu couldn't hold any influence in the family she married into; her mother-in-law's word was final.

Of course, the Luo family got some benefits, such as Luo's sister-in-law's job being directly transferred, and there is also the recent house allocation.

As soon as Luo Chuyu came, Chu Xia guessed her purpose.

Sure enough, she moves to a chair and looks at Chu Xia with a disapproving face. "Second sister, you really shouldn't have."

Luo Chuyu's character is as soft as the original owner. Both of them are the only ones who follow Wang Yulan; what Wang Yulan says is what she says. Moreover, she favors boys over girls.

Chu Xia raises her eyebrows and pushes Cen Huai'an to let him enter the inner room.

Cen Huai'an leans against Chu Xia; his eyes are hostile as he looks at Luo Chuyu and doesn't go.

Seeing his reluctance, Chu Xia doesn't force him, pulling a small bench for him to sit on before turning her head to look at Luo Chuyu.

"Where did I go wrong?"

Luo Chuyu sees that Chu Xia is a little bit justified and doesn't feel that she is at fault at all. Her brows are tightly wrinkled, and she painfully says: "Our parents are going through such difficult times. Our big brother's child is small, little brother wants to get married, and little sister wants to go to school. You actually went to ask Mom for money? You even took the TV and refrigerator. Have you ever thought about our mother? Do you know that our mom is sick because of you? Big brother and Dad are sighing when they talk about you. Without a natal family, if you're bullied in the future, you won't have anyone to stand up for you!"

"Sick?" A smile appears on Chu Xia's face. "Have I been sick less in the past? Big sister, you shouldn't talk about things you don't understand. You didn't starve and freeze, so you're not qualified to advise me. You're not the one who's being tortured to death by mom."

Chu Xia says this with resentment. Luo Chuyu's heart jumps when she hears this; she didn't know that her second sister actually has such a deep rift with Mom.