Chapter 5: Acceptance

[Word Count: 18,300+].... Fuck. Well you all wanted longer chapters, I hope you end up enjoying this one. 

Also, let me know if you like the inclusion of songs at the top to listen to while you read. The first one picked for this chapter will Insignificantia from Halo Wars, one of the greatest games known to man, one of my most favorite games and it has an amazing soundtrack. Sorry for bothering you, now onto the story. 

__________________________________

Y/n had taken Wednesday's extended hand, and she helped him up. The two had stared at each other for a moment, a mixture of thoughts and feelings running through them. They stayed frozen there, as if waiting to see the other's reaction. 

"It's you." Wednesday spoke quietly. Her sharp gaze pierced his eyes. For once, he had finally felt nervous in her presence. "You're the Ghost Rider." She murmured, as if the revelation had shaken her whole world. A small smile had begun to surface, as if she was trying to hold it back. 

Y/n looked on, she hadn't managed to scare him in their short time together, but now he was starting to feel unnerved

Y/n looked on, she hadn't managed to scare him in their short time together, but now he was starting to feel unnerved. "Y-you got something... On your..." He made a circular motion around his mouth with his index finger as he narrowed his eyes uncomfortably. Wednesday felt her anticipation grow, as did her morbid curiosity of the teen. 

"I've kept a dossier on everything related to the Ghost Rider." She told him. 

"You have?" 

"With every piece of information I gathered the existence of the Ghost Rider seemed more and more plausible. I found his course of actions interesting, and I wanted to discover for myself if he was truly real, and now.... I have." She said, as if she had surprised herself at the end. "How did you come to be?" She spoke quietly, staring him in the eye. 

I glint sparked within Y/n's eyes. "What do you know about the Ghost Rider?" He questioned her. 

Wednesday had watched him with a calculative stare, her curiosity still there, but her expression turned neutral.  "There's plenty of different interpretations of the Rider. Some say the Devil picked a wicked man and damned their soul to serve him for all eternity, others say the Devil broke the person down, destroying their sanity until they had no choice left but to serve, but the most common one in most types of lore is that they're damned souls. People who made deals with the Devil, and now they're doomed to serve him." She informed him with a stone, toneless voice. 

Y/n hummed with a tilt of his head. "Maybe there's some truth to all of them. But… yeah, he's got my soul." He spoke quietly, as if admitting it pained him. 

Wednesday's gaze, softened, ever so slightly, unnoticeably. "You sold it?" Y/n just pursed his lips, staring at the floor. That was enough of an answer for the Goth Girl.  "Why?" She questioned. 

His eye twitched, which Wednesday took notice of. "Doesn't matter anymore." He brushed it off, a hint of bitterness in his stiff voice as he stepped forward and heard a crunch underneath. They looked down and saw the page Rowan held of Wednesday. He leaned down, lifting it up. "What did Rowan want with you?" He questioned.