Intrusive Thoughts

A few days later, Leigh clapped her hands in time to the music playing in the studio absentmindedly barking out the next steps in the exercise routine ignoring everything else around her. After this morning she just felt like she was a fog her body going with the motions, but she didn't really care. All her thoughts were on everything that happened to her in the past 48 hours. She hadn't seen her new friend since that night at the hospital, yet he was all that she could think about. She had to see him at the meeting she had given him her card hoping he would be there. But she knew better. why would he want to be there?

The last thing he would want was to see her, a reminder of something terrible. Besides, she really shouldn't be trying to think about him anyway she had been so preoccupied with her husband's phone. She had saved a dog from traffic that reminded her of Matt's old puppy Rogue. She suddenly giggled at the reminder that she had named the dog visit her since he was only a temporary guest but after all was said and done, she was able to unlock the phone and learned that Matt's death may have been a suicide, something she tried not to think about. But Matt had never spoken about his depression only that he had been on medication. Leigh had known that her husband was suffering with his mental health and tried her best to help him but with all these voicemails on his phone she wasn't sure what to think. All she knew was that she lost someone she loved.

She shook her head trying to focus on the class more. At least her birthday was coming up soon even though she really wasn't trying to be excited for it. Leigh just continued to gaze at the floor ignoring the class altogether short of her motions. Would Y/N want to come to her birthday? Being around new people much like the grief group could do him some good. Leigh shook her head she didn't want to think about it right now, much less about him so why was he on her mind? She only knew he shared the same trauma that she had with his family that she had with Matt. Eventually the class ended and Leigh left the studio. Wiping the sweat off her brow she met with her mother Amy who was folding towels from a previous class. "hey mom" Leigh muttered grabbing a fresh towel off the counter and wipe her face with it Leigh Amy chastised her daughter gently "I just folded that" though her words were slightly harsh she had a smile on her face "enjoy the class?" She asked rhetorically as she continued falling some remaining towels.

Leigh shrugged "it was nothing special. I'm just glad it's over now" she said not really in the mood to go through with this conversation. Amy cocked her head giving her daughter an inquisitive look. "Are you sure because you seemed rather... Distracted" she said carefully. "Is something on your mind" she asked "with everything going on I just want you to be alright." Leigh froze realizing that her body language must have given away her thoughts. She didn't know what to say that she felt somewhat obsessed with this man she saved because she... She thought that he could help him in a way she couldn't help her own husband. Before she met him she didn't think about even helping anybody. But he was different. And that it was just not something she wanted to discuss with her mother. Instead Leigh shook her head and said "I'm going to go home to take a shower I have to go to my grief group in a bit."

Without another word, Leigh left the room trying to control her breathing. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on anything that made her happy. The first image that came to mind was Matt but that was quickly soured by the freshness of his passing. Next was Julie, in that bratty annoying sister kind of way. Third came her mother but she was trying to forget about her mother presently. Finally a fresh pair of blue eyes invaded her mind followed by the appearance of one Y/N L/N. Leigh's eyes snapped open and her face flushed red why was he there?

_----------------------------------------

Elle groaned as she awoke from her nap, her eyes fluttering open to meet the darkened room that she was currently in. The past few days had been relatively quiet for her, a rarity at the hospital though she could say that it was definitely a blessing. No new patients had come in despite the weather problems and some were even leaving. That didn't make a 12 hour shift at the hospital any better but at least she wasn't being overwhelmed. Most of the time had been checking on a certain Mr. L/N who had slowly but surely been improving during his time in physical therapy that wasn't her area of expertise but he was her patient when he wasn't doing that. As expected, he rarely ever spoke to her only ever giving her soft thank you's whenever she brought his food and had to check on him throughout the day in a way it made her feel kind of sad to see him go but that was the fate of all her patients.