Chapter 6 - Gabe Winchester

6

It was now the next day as Sam and I gathered in the brightly lit extra room upstairs back at the house, Spice Girls playing over the small Bluetooth speaker, with Sam busy sitting on the ground as he did his best to put the white crib together and I painted gold stars on the now navy blue walls.

I moved along to the music, holding the paint brush lightly and going over one of the stars again as I sang along, "Any fool can see they're falling... I gotta make you understand..."

I turned back, smiling back at Sam and singing along again, "I'll give you everything, on this I swear, just promise you'll always be there!"

Sam glanced up, letting out a laugh as he set the instructions down with a half smile, "At least you're in a good mood?"

I set down the plastic cup full of gold paint and laid down the paint brush, wiping my hands on a cloth and started to come over to where Sam was seated, "How's it coming? Looks like there's still a lot of pieces that need to go together?"

Sam looked back down at all the parts strewn across the floor and made a face, shaking his head, "Tell me about it... I used to be a brain surgeon, so why the hell is this so damn complicated?"

I grabbed my phone with a smirk, starting to shuffle through my playlist when I shrugged, "Are you reading the instructions?"

Sam gave me a look, shaking his head as he grabbed the paper booklet again, "Yes, I'm reading the instructions. The instructions just happen to be in Swedish and Japanese? Where the hell did you get this thing anyway?"

I shrugged as I scrolled through my phone, "Online? That's pretty much the only place I can get anything since I'm not allowed to leave the house?"

Sam glanced up again, letting out a sigh before he tossed the booklet back on the ground and rubbed his forehead, "It's only for a little bit longer, Cat."

I nodded, glancing back with a slight smirk, "I know."

I then selected the song 'Shoop' to play by Salt n' Pepa, looking back at Sam with a smirk when Sam stopped, looking up and giving me a slightly confused look.

I started to bounce along to the music, lip-syncing the first spoken part of the song, "Ooh, how you doing, baby?"

Sam made a face, his brows furrowing slightly as I set my phone down, glancing across the room and shaking my head, "No, not you..."

Sam started to smirk as he shook his head, looking back down when I started to get on the ground with him, "You. The bow-legged one..."

Sam let out a laugh, shaking his head as I sat on my knees, giving him a flirty smirk, "Yeah... What's your name?"

Sam finally looked back up at me with a slightly flushed look on his face and a half smirk when I bit my lip, shaking my head and smirking at him, "Damn, baby. That sounds sexy."

Sam raised his eyebrows, giving me a playful look, "Really?"

I nodded, bouncing to the music as I started to sing along, "Uh, here I go, here I go, here I go again- girls, what's my weakness?"

I leaned back, cupping my hand around my mouth and yelling out above the music, "Sam!"

Sam started to laugh, a wide smile across his face as he shook his head and looked back at me when I started to settle in beside him, smiling back at him, "I knew that would put a smile on your face."