Chapter 1: Regret

Start from the beginning

They are capable of much more than that when creativity is involved, but more importantly, they are unlike the lesser clones that most jutsu produce, these are different, they reflect the chakra of the original. In addition, when these clones sink up with the original body, they regain their chakra and nullify any physical damage taken.

This ability is so powerful that Madara - if he currently remembered any of this - would testify to the self-handicaps placed upon himself. Never abuse the many powers he possesses, lest he grows overreliant on his unbeatable power.

"What happened?"

He tries to think back. A tear makes it's way down his cheek and again his thoughts try to linger to why, yet, he can't recall.

He searches the innermost parts of his mind for an answer to this predicament and it felt like it was just out of sight, there has to be something. It proves pointless, there's nothing. He's unable to remember anything, not his name, not how he got here, just the feeling of emptiness that remains in an empty husk with no reason to exist.

But then as all hope of remembering seems lost, a throbbing pain abruptly enters his mind. Not dissimilar to a wave, memories flow back into their tortured owner. His face contorts into one of sheer agast, his mouth slightly parted and his eyes not wide open but filled with emotion and shock.

"That's right, I lost.

He affirms in utter devastation as he closes all three of his eyes shut.

He remembers everything and now he wishes he stayed ignorant: his time with Hashirama during the warring states period, creating the Hidden Leaf village, leaving the aforementioned village, manipulating and starting the Fourth Great Shinobi War from the shadows, and even the bitter end with Black Zetsu, all of it.

It's true, he has lost everything. Mere moments ago at the pinnacle of his power, having just accomplished his long sought-after dream of launching the [Infinite Tsukuyomi] to bring true peace to the world, he suffered a devastating and unseen betrayal at the hands of someone who he thought to be his very own will Teclastnate, but no, it all turned out to be a lie.

Black Zetsu was not his will - not in the slightest - but one belonging to that of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki, and the Infinite Tsukuyomi was a farce hiding it's true intentions behind the ideal that he strived so desperately to make a reality.

Even if he wanted to scream the unfairity of this atrocious betrayal to the heavens, it would make no difference, it's simply another ruthless practicality of his reality. Why would anything be treated differently than the back-stab that pierced through him in ruthless fashion?

In the end - unbeknownst to him - Kaguya was almost revived, but... He was Madara Uchiha!

He was not going to be controlled by anyone! Channeling his own energy, he separated his energy from his enemy, stopping that strange process of control... But something fails product to that.

The energy that began to absorb without the control of Black Zetsu was very intense, without control, so Madara absorbed absolutely all the Chakra of the people who were trapped in the Tsuyokomi, including that of those brats because it was as if it had activated the Preta Path, but on a larger scale.

Before all the energy burst within him, he regained control at the last second and left the world to end up here, where he could have all the time he needed to get used to his new power without the fear of exploding.

He was very sure that the elemental nations were fine, but with the difference that it had no longer Chakra. He had involuntarily absorbed all the existing Chakra, leaving a world with normal human beings.