002: Entombed

══════════════════

══════════════════

|| 002: "Entombed"||

══════════════════

"From the day you arrived
I've remained by your side
In chains, entombed

Placed inside
Safe and sound
Shapes and colors are all I see

On the day you arrived
I became your device
Placed inside
Safe and sound"

-Entombed, Deftones

══════════════════

It's as if he hears everything yet nothing all at once.

The roar of the ocean, the rapid thrumming of his heart, the ever-ebbing will to live as she vanished beneath the frothy black surface.

The splash of her body as it makes contact with the swirling ocean below.

Seth's face contorts into an indescribable emotion as he loses sight of his tiny brunette soul, feeling as if the world was now truly gone, gone, gone.

The limitless red thread of destiny that bound them together was unwinding at its seams in slow motion, taking the form of some sort of unearthly hourglass counting down the seconds until she drowned. And he would inevitably go along with her.

Don't go, please. The boy begged silently, the mass layers of fur beginning to disappear from his form. You just got here, I'm sorry, please, please-

Amidst his pleas, Seth forced himself to revert entirely back to his human appearance, figuring it would be easier to locate and grab his imprint within the roaring sea if he had thumbs and joints that could bend and cradle her. Even if he felt hopeless and erratic in the moment, he knew nonetheless that he would never be able to leave her floating endlessly within the sea. No matter if his heart failed the moment they made it to shore as a result of her foreseeable passing, he would never leave her here alone and freezing.

Even if you left me, I would never leave you.

He hit the harsh, freezing saltwater with a shattering impact, his heart lurching at the realization that his imprint most likely felt such an experience far more horribly than his supernatural body had. Opening his eyes beneath the dark, churning sea, Seth ignored the sting to his pupils and began to desperately attempt to locate his imprint, forcefully fighting the harsh waves that knocked against his large form.

The atmosphere around him was violent and dark; bubbles gnashing vigorously against every muscle in his body as gritty gusts of sandy water scraped along heated skin. The ocean of La Push was always temperamental, especially with a storm beginning to come alive beyond the horizon, but today the sea seemed particularly enraged. Maybe it was sapping the energy from his soulmate nestled within its depths, laving sumptuously on her bewildering silent fury before snatching away her very last breath.