chapitre huit | k&c

𝕂𝕀𝕊𝕊𝔼𝕊 𝔸ℕ𝔻 ℂℝ𝕆𝕀𝕊𝕊𝔸ℕ𝕋

Doctor, how would you want your espresso tonight? I'll be waiting for you. ;))

Xoxo, your secret admirer.

ᴛᴇx ɢʀᴇᴇᴛᴇᴅ Debbie on a chilly Tuesday afternoon. Need she say more? Her cheeks hurting from smiling say it all. Last night with Lou was magical. The hospital has kept her busy all day, and she rarely has the time to check her phone. The gorgeous blonde really has some way of making her smile even when they're apart. She could clearly see Lou's sweet smile and her ocean eyes, which were as deep as the Pacific Ocean. Debbie's heart fluttered.

The hospital was bustling as usual. Debbie was amidst her rounds, checking on patients and coordinating with the nursing staff. It had been a demanding day, but the unexpected text from Lou provided a welcome distraction. Debbie decided to reply, her fingers dancing across the screen of her phone.

I'd love an espresso, and I can't wait to see you too. Let's meet at our usual spot after my shift.

Xoxo, your intrigued recipient.

Sitting alone on a brief break and having the lounge all to herself at rare hours is such a treat for her. The rest of the doctors are still out doing rounds. Pierre's message crossed her mind again. She still hasn't replied to him. Debbie was just looking at her screen, staring at the message, waiting to be responded to. It shouldn't be hard to decline his invitation, and the only thing that keeps her wary is that Pierre was the first friend she had in the hospital. The only person she's exchanged words with often. The man has clearly been great company during hospital duties. She didn't want to do something that would leave the man in the lurch.

"Doctor Ocean, Doctor Eleanor would want a word from you." Just as she was thinking of finally typing a reply, a voice emanated from the shadows, pulling her attention away. She turned around and saw the woman.

"Is everything alright?"

"Oh, yes. Definitely." The woman smiled. She just smiled back before giving a sigh and putting her phone back down.

The hospital walls remained pristine white, their sterility contrasting with the vibrant hues of the outside world. As she neared the office of the hospital head, her thoughts raced.

She finally arrived at the imposing oak door, adorned with a polished brass plaque bearing the name "Dr. Eleanor Simmons." With a deep breath, Debbie knocked softly and awaited her entrance into a world of unknown possibilities.

"Doctor, I'm so glad you came. Please take a seat."

"Is there anything that should bother me?"

The woman laughed, and somehow it calmed her down. She took the seat in front of the woman as gracefully as she could.

"No, darling. I just want to talk with you about a very special case." Her brows furrowed, not taking her words into further understanding.

"A special case?"

"Doctor Ocean, I've called upon you today because there's a patient who desires your services as their private doctor."