chapitre sept | k&c

𝕂𝕀𝕊𝕊𝔼𝕊 𝔸ℕ𝔻 ℂℝ𝕆𝕀𝕊𝕊𝔸ℕ𝕋

ʟᴏᴜ ᴡᴀ ᴘᴀᴄɪɴɢ back and forth, her apartment almost silent except for the old flat disc she has, playing 'Dream a Little Dream of Me' in the background, and even it did not help her now that she's overthinking about a situation since last night.

She could do better, but instead,

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ that kept Lou intact at that moment was the espresso, which was trying its hardest to keep her sane and in control of her emotions.

"I think I should go now," Debbie says.

"I could take you home," Lou offered. It was a big move. For Lou, the night has done so much for them that she had the courage to say that.

"Oh, that's so nice of you," Debbie smiled. "But I brought my car with me."

"Oh." was the only thing Lou could ever say.

"I'll walk you to the door then. This cafe will be closed soon, though."

"Ah, yes, that would do, I guess?"

They walked side by side, passing each table, as the hum of the streetcars from the outside remained. Their hands were almost touching, and Lou could feel how tensed her heartbeats were.

"So, thank you for tonight, Lou. I'm glad to share this evening with you."

"Thanks for coming to see me, Doctor Ocean." Lou winked.

"Oh, you are loving this too much." Debbie laughed.

"I do," she said bravely. Debbie's smile slowly rests as her eyes find their way to stare at Lou's lips.

Lou noticed it, and she, too, was staring at the brunette's tempting lips. She wanted to kiss her so bad, but just as she was about to, Debbie leaned in and made the first move. She leaned forward to give her a peck on the cheek.

Lou wasn't sure if she had misread the situation. Debbie was thinking of kissing her on the cheek, and she was thinking of kissing her on the lips. Fuck. She could not feel more embarrassed when Debbie backed off and smiled at her as she saw Lou's face, almost as if a ghost had just shown up in front of her.

"I have to go now; see you around, Lou," Debbie cooly said, still a smile lingering over her lips like a teaser. And Lou could do so much better than just give her a goodbye wave.

A fucking goodbye wave.

ꜱʜᴇ ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴛᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ from pacing back and forth as she stared at her glass window. The Eiffel Tower was still standing tall in there, but her pride and ego had already crashed.

"A goodbye wave? Really, Lou? That's all you could do?!" She told herself as she palmed her face in frustration and let herself fall back into bed.

"Goodness gracious. How could I save my ass off?"

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀᴄᴏᴘʜᴏɴʏ ꜰ the laughter coming from the room made Debbie smile before she could open the door. Hospital duties in Paris were never not fun because of the people trying to make her feel welcome, as if she's been with them for a long time. Smiles greeted her the moment she entered.