Resolution (Slight Angst)

Start from the beginning

"Oh God," Kyle groaned. "Are you-"

"No! It's not about that, I'm over that. I support you guys completely, I already told you. It's just that I'm confused because well...you've been a lot less affectionate- no, scratch that. You don't act like a couple, like AT ALL. And I know all couples are different, but I swear you two act like you hate each other still. And you guys weren't like this at the beginning of the relationship, so did something happen?"

Kyle broke eye contact, looking at the wall guilty. He mumbled something under his breath but Stan couldn't quite hear whatever he said.

"What was that?" Stan asked.

Kyle didn't reply. He looked anxiously around the room as he picked at his fingernails.

"Oh no..." Stan was quick to jump to a conclusion. "Did he hurt you?!"

"What?! No!" Kyle quickly defended Cartman. Then he took a deep breath and a few seconds later he exhaled, "I...may have..hurt him."

Stan blinked, dumbfounded. His facial expression switched from concerned to confused. "What do you mean?"

Kyle shuddered, recalling the events of that night. "I...I can't."

Stan waited for an answer, but no words followed.

"You can't what?"

"I can't tell you."

"I did something...stupid." Kyle said. "I hurt him. He needed me and I didn't...listen.....to him."

"What happened?"

Kyle shook his head a couple of times, "can't say. Can't say."

"Well- why are you both being rude to each other? He must've done something too, yeah?"

Kyle shook his head once more, this time slower and more lightly, "no."

"Come on, tell me what happened!!"

"I can't tell you!" Kyle slightly raised his voice. "I just... did something bad."

"Well I don't really know what to say since you won't tell me what happened," Stan began. "But all I can say is; just apologize. For whatever happened, just say sorry and try to fix things as soon as possible...I don't know what's going on between you two, but me and Kenny can tell something is obviously wrong."

"I'll try..." Kyle said. They didn't talk about it any more after that.

The two ended up talking about random stuff until Kenny and Cartman returned. They all ate pizza then decided to watch a movie. As Stan and Kenny picked the movie, Kyle went to Cartman and gently wrapped his fingers around the others hand.

"Come on."

Kyle lead them both to the back door that was connected to the backyard.

"Where are we going?" Cartman asked confused.

"We need to talk."

"Oh my god-" they got outside and Kyle closed the door behind them. Cartman panicked, "are you breaking up with me?!"

"What?" Kyle turned to his boyfriend and slightly tightened the grip he had on his hand. "No! Look I just have to tell you something...that I should've said a while ago after it happened. But we just need to be alone for this."

"Wh-...is this about..."

"I'm sorry, Eric. I shouldn't have said that about you. That was so...wrong of me, and so fucked up. I'm really sorry." He apologized sincerely, he really was sorry and hated how far apart they felt right now because of what he did. "I just want to go back to normal... I should've never said that about you."

Cartman's eyes began to water a bit. He attempted to blink the tears away but instead they only fell, "I... it's whatever. I don't even care."

"No, it's not. I shouldn't have said that, it was wrong."

Quiet sniffles were heard and Cartman tried to wipe his tears but failed, "I don't even care! I just want things to go back to normal too."

Kyle hugged Cartman and whispered to him, "I'm sorry..."

Now Cartman was fully crying, trying desperately to stop the tears from falling but he couldn't. He effortlessly hugged back, "o-okay I forgive you."

They stood outside until Cartman stopped crying and was ready to head back inside. They sat down and watched the movie that Kenny and Stan had picked out, nobody saying anything about them being gone.

Sure, Cartman may have told Kyle he forgave him, but he didn't actually mean it. Things were still different between them for a while after this.

1313 words