I smile, biting my bottom lip. "Was that so hard?"

"It was absolutely dreadful." He leans forward kisses my neck and wraps his arms around my middle, murmuring against my skin, "I wish to be rid of you immediately."

I scoot closer to him, feeling his arms tightening around me, "That would be a bit more believable if you weren't holding me like you were scared I'd run away."

Astarion purrs in my ear, "What if I do want you to run?"

I tense as a blush creeps over my entire body and I try to hold back at shudder at the idea.

"I can feel that." I feel his fangs against my neck, "I can be the monster if you wish."

"Alright," I say, my voice a couple octaves higher than I intend, "I need to get dressed if we're going to Baldur's Gate." I begin to pull away but his grip tightens again before he sighs and releases me. I sit up and look around the tent, reaching for my leather leggings.

Astarion props himself up on his forearm, watching me. I try my best not to look over at his pale form, near ethereal in the diffused sunlight from the heavy linen walls.

"You could get dressed too." I say, reaching for my armor.

"Why? I rather enjoy making you blush." He purrs.

I grab his leather breeches from our pile of clothes and set them on his thigh. He chuckles.

This male is going to ruin me.

I finish dressing and emerge from the tent.

Karlach and Gale look up from where they're sitting around the now extinguished campfire. Karlach gives me a big fanged smile while Gale raises his brow then goes back to reading his book.

I clear my throat and begin to walk forward, but then feel Astarion's hand at the small of my back.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

Gale turns a page, "Wyll, Halsin and Shadowheart went to go meet with Zevlor and Lae'zel." He says nodding towards the far edge of camp where Lae'zel sits angrily sharpening her blade.

"We were thinking of heading up to Baldur's Gate for a few things." Astarion says.

"If you want to come." I smile and feel Astarion wrap his hand around the base of my tail as a gentle warning, but little does he know how good it feels. I struggle to not let my eyes roll back in my head.

"I could use a new book." Gale says closing the tome and setting it on his lap, he looks over at Karlach.

"It would give me a chance to visit my infernal mechanic. Last time he mentioned he might find a way to cool me off for good." Karlach says. "We could go together and meet up at the Blushing Maid for a bite to eat after we're done. Make a day of it."

"Surely not." Astarion says, "The Elfsong Tavern would be better."

Karlach furrows her brow, "What about the Blade and Stars?"

Astarion inhales, "Fine. Blade and Stars it is."

When we arrive the city nearly takes my breath away.

I look back to see Karlach smiling at me, walking through the streets like it's nothing and even Gale acts like it's just a mundane day to day activity.

I grew up in the countryside, the largest settlement was nearly a day's ride away and still had a couple dozen buildings. My mother told me she ran away when my brother and I were very young, way too young to remember where we were born. She made it seem like a horrible place, dirty and broken and she spoke less and less of it as we grew up. I just knew my father was a wretch and she had to escape.