nineteen

sam eventually sank onto the couch, resting her head on the back of the cushion. "sam!" max called, causing sam to rise from the couch and into max's room.

"what's wrong?" she asked, making both girls shoot her a grin.

"will you please help us with our hair..?" max asked her, looking up at her with fond eyes. sam smiled at the two, beginning to brush through el's hair. "after this, we really need to go." she stated, wrapping the scrunchie around el's hair. a nice half-up, half-down sitting on the crown of her head. "thank you."

sam let out a soft 'mhm', beginning to brush through max's hair. she was quick to just put it up in a ponytail. "let's get going. come on." she rushed, making everyone run to her car. "be nice when we get there. and actually listen." she ordered, having this weird pit feeling in her stomach.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"i didn't think it was anything at first." will began, as everyone sat down. she noticed the look in his eyes and immediately gave her full focus on every word he was saying. "i mean, i think i just didn't want to believe it."

sam shook her head urging him to go on. "the first time i felt it was at day of the dead." mike began speaking. "the power went out that night, too."

"and then, i felt it again at the field near the nelson farm the next day." will explained, and it seemed like he was reliving all of the moments. "and then again, yesterday, outside castle byers."

"what does it feel like?" max asked. "it's almost like...you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" will began again. everyone mumbling in agreement. everyone except for el, who obviously hadn't experienced anything besides what hopper would let her.

"it's like...everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but...this is worse. your body...it goes cold and...and you can't breathe. i've felt it before, whenever he was close." will explained, going in depth for el.

"whenever who was close?" sam asked, "the mind flayer."

"i closed the gate." el said. it was like the whole room was on edge now. "i know, but...what if he never left? what if we locked him out here with us?" will asked.

sam frowned at his words, though it was clear he was also. "that can't be true. i mean, unless the gate was closed before he could get back...in..?" the words slipped out before she could stop them, and she saw everyone's eyes go wide.

"that's possible." mike said after sitting in shock for a few more seconds. looking to sam, then to everyone else. seeing the same expression read on their face.

"if he is back..." mike said as if it were obvious, which she thought it was clear he was back. "we don't know what he's like. or how he thinks. this is like a shot in the dark." she spoke clear, catching the full attention of everyone in the room.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

will grabbed a piece of paper, and a sharp peace of charcoal from his bag. at the sound of the paper slamming on the table, everyone gathered closer to see.

"this is him. all of him." will began, showing the slight circle he had drawn. everyone analyzing his actions very closely. "but, that day on the field, a part of him attached itself to me." will explained, dragging his hand across the charcoal. it leaving a black form of streaks across his palm and fingers.