eighteen

sam peered into her house, seeing as nobody was home, seemingly analyzing the normal feeling in the house. "hm. girls night?" she smiled to the two.

"hell yeah." max laughed.

el looked over to the two, who were smiling at her waiting for a response. "hell yeah."

sam looked into the kitchen, where both girls watched her, shivering in their wet clothes. "you guys go take turns showering, i'll make popcorn and hot cocoa or something." they let out giggles heading into max's room, and began to take turns showering, each girl waiting in the kitchen with sam.

"what's wrong?" max asked.

"i haven't heard from steve in days." sam said.

max shrugged her shoulders. "we could have el-"

"no." sam began, "steve and i have a built in trust. i'm sure the reason i haven't heard from him is pretty good." el emerged into the kitchen, and sam sent the two off to max's room with the snacks and drinks, getting her stuff to shower.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

as sam got into the shower, all she could think about was steve. he really really wasn't one to not call. he always called her. at this point, the anticipation was killing her, and she was tired from working most of the day. "is he purposely ignoring me?" she mumbled, barely loud enough for herself to hear.

sam then quickly finished her shower. surely steve would be ignoring her on purpose. maybe he had to pick up extra shifts at scoops?

sam stood behind the kitchen counter, dialing steve's number. no answer, sam looking up from the cord of the phone, hanging it back, gently. choosing to let it roll off her back.

"hey." max said with a small smile, watching sam walk into the room with a pillow and blanket. "hey." sam mumbled flopping onto the bed, feeling her tiredness taking over.

max and el began giggling, attempting to get sam to sit up. "your hot cocoa is going to get cold." max warned, a grin on her face. "no." sam gasped.

the thing was, sam knew that she would definitely keep almost falling asleep. she loved the rain but it always made her tired, it was just one of those things she rarely got to experience in california and now that she experienced it frequently in hawkins it was more enjoyable. and she hoped that, in addition to rain, she'd be able to enjoy other things that were a rare occurrence in california.

but, she was also a little delirious at the moment, and so she cleared her head of thoughts of rain, reminding herself to live in the moment and to have fun with the people she was with.

sam smiled up at the two girls, who were giggling at her comment. "well, what are we gonna do? play board games, prank call..." she trailed off, taking a few sips of her cocoa in between. "how about we read some comics?"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

as fate would have it, sam was a very great older sister (and practically a full time babysitter) and become accustomed to having different past time ideas with teens.

mike, will, lucas, dustin were all easy to suggest things to do, they liked dnd and smart kid stuff. el and max, however, would change what they liked over time so sometimes it would be a little difficult to get them to do things. but overall, they had liked most of the same things.