five

after steve had found out billy being sam's step-brother, he only wanted to know more. it seemed that she was always closed off, nobody really new anything about her, and it didn't help she was also new to town. he wouldn't admit it out loud, but samantha excited him. she was unlike any girl he had ever met before.

however, steve felt about the girl, it didn't change the fact that he still felt something for nancy. despite, steve being in a complete dilemma; sam was only trying to get information out of max.

"are you gonna tell me what actually happened?" sam had asked max. what she wasn't expecting was for the girl to slam her door in sam's face. "what the hell?"

sam let out a sigh, slowly opening the door. "just leave me alone!" max yelled. despite sam's better judgment, she proceeded to step into the room and sit next to her sister.

max turned around, letting out a huff. "what's wrong" she let out a groan, thinking about how to formulate the right words. "they keep treating me like garbage, keeping secrets like we're in second grade or something. all i wanted was to be friends with them." she explained, sam getting more confused by the second as her sister proceed to explain.

"wait, so this kid, will got lost in the woods for a week. and he gets called zombie boy-" sam questioned.

"yes. that just doesn't make sense. he has these episodes and it's like really bad. that's about all i know." max sighed.

"what jerks...how about we go to the arcade? to get your mind off of it." sam suggested, looking over at her sister who visibly relaxed.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

sam would've normally driven both her and her sister to the arcade in her own car, but it was in the shop for a bit of repairing. (oil change, break-check, the normal.) so billy had to drive them both to the arcade.

"if you're both not out in an hour-" billy began.

"walking home. yeah, yeah, we know." max finished for him.

"hey! watch the attitude, shitbird." billy snapped at the girl, speeding off as she slammed the door. this just made max more furious, and as he drove off she stuck up her middle finger in the air.

"jerk." sam muttered. "come on, let's get inside." sam scoffed at billy's ignorance, heading into the building.

of course, to make the day just a bit harder, dig dug was out of order. sam looked at the white paper, wondering what could've really happened to the game. she looked over to the younger girl who had now become tense.

"sorry about that, road warriors." keith, the cheeto munching, employee said; making sam snap her concentration from the paper to him.

"what happened?" max asked.

"short circuit in the motherboard. a real bummer. but fret not. i got another machine up and running in the back." keith reassured max, as he led both of the girls to the back room.

sam was getting more skeptical about the whole thing. if you had another one up and running, wouldn't you just replace it? she walked behind her sister, who followed keith behind the counter.

"hold these." he stated handing his cheeto puffs off to max, as he opened the door.

as he opened the door wide, the girls looked into the room. she didn't know who the boy was, but assumed it was one of the stalkers. he sat up a bit straighter, giving max a semi-smile. then looking to sam and raising his eyebrows giving her the same smile. sam followed her sister into the room as she rolled her eyes.