Chapter 7: De-akumatization

Start from the beginning

"One less rat in town," she purred, with a cold smile.  Claw Noire re-joined her, his eyes narrowed slightly.

"Odd you didn't finish the job, Shady."

"I promised I'd spared her. I just never said Paris would. You're part of Paris."

Claw Noire smirked.

"Aw, thanks, Shadybug," he retorted.  

"But of course," she replied, giving him a rather gentle shove. He only staggered back one step. Claw Noire shifted his stance, crossed his arms and shot her a cocky look.

"What's your plan now, Shades?" he asked with a very clearly fake polite tone. She rolled her eyes.

"Paris will destroy her," Shadybug replied, her eyes dark with malicious glee. 

"How are we to, like, I don't know, Shades, keep evil going?"

Shadybug winked, summoning a lucky charm.

"I always have a plan, fleabag," she replied in a smart-ass tone, "and you, as in the public eye, sidekick, will have to follow it. But maybe I'll allow you to tweak the plan with your ideas."

Claw Noire flicked his staff open, revealing the paw-print blades and the flexibility of his staff.

"Sure thing, cockroach, what can I tweak? Er, add to the plan?"

She raised an eyebrow.

"Since when do you call me cockroach?"

"Since I realized you're being ridiculous about keeping me a lone sidekick in your games," he retorted, raising an eyebrow. 

"Aww, the poor little kitten's bummed to be stuck on the sidelines, pity," she mocked. His eyes narrowed, he clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. 

"How dare you degrade me like that, Shadybug?" he seethed and hit her in the face with a bladed end. 

"Excuse me?" she snapped, hitting him in the face with her recently summoned lucky charm. He lunged at her and they started shoving each other back and forth, lucky charms flying and his staff hitting her in her face multiple times. 

"You low-lying little piece of a cat who thinks he has the audacity-"

"Aww, don't get your spots in a twist!"

"Don't strain your whiskers to insult me, because I'll do better," she snapped. Claw swept her feet out but she caught herself and flipped him over by grabbing his ankle and using her superhuman strength to slam him to the ground. She stepped on his right wrist and bent forward.

"Pull that again, and there'll be hell to pay," she hissed, looking down on him. He winked. She startled then put more pressure on his wrist and he groaned in pain.

"Stop that! That's a bit more sensitive than it should be, Shades," he gritted out, seizing her ankle and attempting to flip her. Shadybug just sidestepped his attempt but let go of his wrist. 

"Did you learn your lesson?"

He rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Good."

She summoned another lucky charm and took off. 

"Hey, you can't just leave without telling me what the hell we're doing!" he shouted after her, shifting his staff into a extendable pole. 

"Absolutely I can!" her voice carried back to him, as he spotted her figure fleeing ahead of him, bouncing from rooftop to rooftop. Gritting his teeth, he leaped after her, shooting up and down from roof to roof, gaining down on her when she suddenly stopped.