Chapter 15: Princess and Knight P2

Magsimula sa umpisa

" Goodnight Liam." May replied before entering her room.

The Next day

"Note to self walk or fly everywhere." I muttered to myself as I got out of the car. After waking up and having breakfast Caroline, May, Max and I piled into the car and drove over an hour to Mauville City, Norman ended up having several gym challengers scheduled for today so he couldn't come. The drive itself was awful, apparently even in another world I still got car sick really easily and was feeling rather nauseous by the time we got there. Looking up I was greeted by the sight of a massive shining building. Right, Mauville City was essentially a giant mall in the games.

" Mom can we go to the toy store." Max asked

" Do you mind if I go look at clothing stores? It'll probably take me a while to find something I like." I asked Caroline just after Max finished talking.

" Ok but wait a second before you go running off. May where do you want to go?" Caroline asked.

" I want to go look at clothes." May replied the strange glint from yesterday back in her eyes.

" Ok you two go off together then and I'll take Max to the toy store." Caroline said before continuing. " We'll meet up at the food court around noon."

Almost instantly I felt myself being dragged by May towards a store.

" I'll be over there." May said before running off.

Looking around I spotted the jackets section of the store and started walking over to it. Odd as it may seem jackets were important to me, before I'd come to this world you could map out my life with the jackets I'd worn. Once I found the jacket that felt right with who I was, I would wear it every day for years until it was either too damaged or too small for me to keep wearing. Previously I'd avoided searching for a new jacket because I wasn't sure if this was permanent but now that it had been a full year I believed it was time to decide who the new me was. I'd changed too much from who I was before so I needed something different than the leather jacket I'd had.

" Are you looking for anything specific? " An employee asked me. As I put down a red jacket I'd picked up to look at. It was too heavy.

" Not necessarily." I replied grabbing another jacket this one was green and had a hood but too many pockets. " I'm just browsing."

" Well I hope you find something." She said as she walked off.

Several jackets and half an hour later I found myself picking up the last jacket on the rack I immediately hated it. It was far too heavy and brightly colored. None of them felt right.

" Judging by your face I'm guessing you haven't found a jacket." May said as she approached me.

" You'd unfortunately be correct." I responded already walking towards the exit. " I'm going to check out another store."

" Great I'll come with." May said walking beside me.

This time I carefully scanned the stores. This new jacket couldn't be plain like so many of the ones in the previous store were but I also wanted something lightweight and durable so I needed to find a store that looked like they might have something that met the requirements. Problem was none of the stores were really displaying anything that caught my eye.