Chapter 27 | His Pride and Mystery

She lay in a warm bed at Lǽknari's hut, her cold feet sticking out at the end of it

Eir wrapped gauze around her feet. The soles of her feet had been disinfected and cleaned of dirt. It turned out that her feet had started bleeding by the time she got to the healer's hut.

Fortunately, though, she won't be losing any limbs to frostbite.

Lily had greatly improved her relationship with Eir. As their sessions continued, Eir finally realized she was telling the truth.

As their relationship improved, she opened up about her growing relationship with the cloaked man. Like any sane person, Eir thought it was weird they were technically at third base, but she didn't know his name.
Lily defended that man like he was her husband. Fortunately, Eir took the hint and told her some brand new information about him. He was closed off, but he always visited the archery to teach kids how to shoot a bow.

Honestly, Lily swooned when she said that. There was nothing sweeter than a man who enjoys educating children on something he's passionate about.

"It's a good thing you warmed yourself up so soon." The woman broke Lily from her thoughts, "You should be able to walk out of here tomorrow."

She fidgetted, averting her eyes. Lily hadn't told her the man helped her warm up.; she thought Eir would assume he used... uncommon... methods.

"Thank you." She laid her hands on her lap. 

Eir pulled the sheets over her feet. "No problem." She smiled, "Always happy to help."

After giving her a cup of orange juice to enjoy, she left Lily to enjoy some alone time. 

In contrast to the usual cold hospital atmosphere, it was warm, like a winter cabin. A candle was lit on a table nearby, filling her room with the aroma of pine trees. It was soothing.

Lily snuggled under the sheets, resting her head on her pillow. 

She still felt this impending doom. What if Vor ran in and kidnapped her again? What if Baldur decided she was right? 

As she swam in her scary thoughts, a fist rasped against her room door.

Her heart sank to the bottom of her stomach. "Come in..." She'd loudly say. Vor wouldn't be polite enough to knock, right? She was terrified of who was on the other side of that door.

As the door creaked open- the familiar scent of a warm fire and winter cabin flooded the room.

He came to visit her.

He stepped in and closed the door behind him. A large cloak accompanied him, which was a dark brown this time. 

"Sorry." She'd smile bashfully, picking up the cloak she folded onto the nightstand and offering it to him.

He approached her, absolutely towering over her while she lay on the bed. "It's no problem." He hummed, "I like seeing you wear my things."

"Keep it." He pushed it back toward her.

"You're sure?" Her eyebrows raised as he nodded with a smile.

He beamed while looking down at her. His passionate stare made her slightly squirm, a deep chuckle following soon after.

"I wasn't lying about what I said in the cabin." He leaned down, resting his hands on the mattress. His face was close to hers, "Watching you use that bow like a fucking Olympian was hot."

Lily's face lit up a bright red. He flashed her a toothy grin before planting a kiss on her forehead.

He was definitely a lot more affectionate than usual.

"I wanted to ask you something." She'd blurt, pushing past her flustered state. He pulled up a chair and sat down next to her, resting his chin in the palm of his hand. This burly bearded man was as affectionate as a teddy bear. "Mhm." He hummed.
Lily sat up. "I know I asked this before, but... I feel like you skated around the answer." This made him frown, furrowing his brows. "Why have you been so protective of me since the beginning?" She leaned toward the man, "Don't bring up my appearance as some excuse."

He silently panicked, adverting his gaze and leaning away from her. "... I... I can tell you when you know my name." He'd mutter.

Lily got fed up, clenching her fists. "Just- Just tell me!" She frowned, "People keep keeping me in the dark because of my amnesia!"

The man flexed his jaw, eyes shifting to stare at her. His pupils got smaller- a dark look swarming in them.

"... Be careful about demanding things from me." He muttered lowly, voice deep and seductive.

His eyes narrowed, eyebrows angling down as he eyed her like a predator.

"You may awaken something."

Lily could only stare in shock as he stood up, pushing the chair away and rooting through his cloak.

She was left completely speechless, flustered by the implications of his words but frustrated by the lack of answers. The man would leave the room with a quiet goodbye, politely closing the door behind him.

The woman held her head. Nothing was making sense- and he kept skating around answering most questions.

Looking at the bedside table, she noticed he had left something behind. Her eyes widened when she realized what it was, lips parting.

A bouquet of white lilies.