Chapter 24 | Ms. Robin Hood

Lily picked up the bow, shaking, pulling an arrow out of the quiver, and leaning against the cabin

It was a makeshift longbow made from very loving hands. The wood was carved like a modern bow, but she could tell from its scrapes and small incisions that it was hand-carved. 

Raising the bow- she'd struggle to align the arrow. Fuck! If she can barely align it, then why even try to shoot?

Her eyes widened as she began to recall a memory.

Two large, warm hands gently held onto her shoulders from behind. 

A hot breath fanned against her ear as if a large man was hovering behind her. "Position yourself sideways..." He whispered, gently using his own feet to align hers.

"Stand straight," He kept himself pressed behind her, "The arm holding the bow should be straight, doll." Lily straightened her arm.

"Pull your arm up, aim your body, and bow at your target..." The man is pursuing her lept out from the bushes, his arm coated in blood from the rock she stabbed him with. She aligned herself to face him- his eyes widening at the sight of her with a bow.

"Breath in and..." His soothing, baritone voice hummed. "Shoot."

Lily breathed out, letting go of the arrow.

It flew like a bullet, stabbing into the man's collarbone. He yowled in agony, gasping and coughing as he staggered backward.

His hand flew up to grasp at the arrow- but it was too deep in his flesh for him to yank it out.

The warmth behind her had disappeared, but that didn't stop Lily from grabbing another arrow and positioning it on the bow. The man's eyes widened as she'd shot it- hitting him in the upper chest. 
He spat out blood, pressing himself against a tree. "Fuck-" He swore, "I- I commend you for your skill." The man hissed, "But you can only get so far in the body of a mortal." He narrowed his eyes at her- hate swarming in them like a swarm of bees.

She would demand to know what he meant, but the cloth was still wrapped around her mouth. 

Lily pulled out another arrow, which seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back finally. The man stumbled away before sprinting- disappearing further into the woods. 

Still, she lets go of the arrow. It loudly slams into an oak tree- sticking out of the wood.

Suddenly- the woman noticed a pair of eyes looking at her. These weren't the injured man- she knew that. They felt different... almost familiar.

Looking around wildly, there wasn't anything obvious or suspicious.

Grabbing the quiver and keeping her bow, she'd clamber around the cabin and jiggle the doorknob. Fortunately- it opened without much fuss. It was just as cold inside, but it was better than being barefoot in the snow.

Closing the door, she set the weapons on top of a table and curtly found the bed.

It was nicely made- the sheets tucked in and the pillow fluffed. She'd have to make the bed before she left as an apology to the owner.

Rubbing her arms to warm herself up, her feet had gone numb from the cold.

She was scared for her life. Freezing to death was a horrible way to die- and she had too many mysteries in her life to die without solving. She especially wanted to live to see the cloaked man again.

Was she in love with him? Maybe. He was an absolute sweetheart, protected her, and appeared to know something about her amnesia.

She wasn't going to die without figuring out his name.

Absolutely not.