23

Beyonce, Onika, and Lauren all sat on the couch watching reruns of Twilight together.

Even though Beyonce mind was drilled on her lost sister, she knew dwelling on it daily wasn't good for her. She also noticed how Onika has been more clung to Lauren and barely making time for her.

Twilight went to commercial and Lauren started to talk.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Papa... And how it all ended. We all knew you were his favorite." She sadly chuckled.

Beyonce looked at the two confusedly and Onika tried holding back the water works in front of Beyonce.

"Papa?" Beyonce asked.

"Oh. You didn't know? Nika's Papa sadly passed and she wasn't notified until after his funeral. Very trifling if you ask me." She answered rolling her eyes.

Beyonce leaned over and touched Onika's thigh, right above her knee.

Onika wasn't saying anything. Not because Lauren had brought it up but it was because she was reminded of it again. Her parents were still in Houston and not once stopped by again and asked her how she was doing or not even a lousy apology.

She felt betrayed and also shattered. She figured they told her Papa untrue stories about why she couldn't make it to his birthdays or his doctor appointments. She never could and when she thought she could she still couldn't. It was like a sign. But she was still mad with her family.

If you knew Onika and her family, you'll know who Papa's favorite was and who Onika's favorite was.

"Baby?" Beyonce cupped her cheeks.

Onika looked at her with glossy eyes and a soft smile.

"I'm okay Beyonce. Really." She removed the girl's hand from her face.

Beyonce feelings were hurt but the woman was going through it so she didn't want to be another burden.

Onika eventually got up and walked to her room, locking the door behind her.

"I wonder why she never said anything about to me." Beyonce says.

Lauren signed, "I mean you already going through a lot Bey... I guess she felt that would only make matters worse so she kept it to herself."

Beyonce slowly nodded, "I can understand that but she knew nothing would have changed. Her hurt is my hurt too. We are lovers, we should pain together."

"Y'all lovers?" Lauren asked.

"Mhm."

"Oh."

"Why you say it like that?"

"Y'know me and Nicki thick as butter and she told me about your little secrets Beyonce... Not cool at all."

"Secrets? I ain't got no damn secrets."

Lauren looked at the jet skeptically, "Ok so answer me, honestly. Who calls you at 2 or 3 something in the morning and you get up, go out the room, to answer it?"

"Th—"

"Why are you always typing on your phone? Especially when Onika's not near you?"

"Well—"

"Why are you always quick to put down your phone when she enters the room?"

"I do—"

"Not done. And please tell me why you she seen you ex name go across yo' phone screen?"

Beyonce knitted her eyebrows and Lauren tapped her foot on the floor impatiently.

"Well first off... The person I get up to answer is Aniyah, the person i'm continuously texting is Aniyah, and before you go all bogus on me, no I ain't cheating on Nicki. I'm just sick of leaning on the law to find my sister. So I was thinking about finding another route to take."