Chapter 24: Seokjin

Start from the beginning

"So...what do we do?" Jungkook asked whilst nibbling on his bottom lip.

"We slowly ease our presence into her life and earn her trust," Yoongi's deep voice answered, making himself known. Jin had assumed he was still napping.

Jungkook pouted, showing how impatient he was. Like the other two maknae's, Jungkook often hated waiting. He was the type of person to dive right in when it came to something he truly wanted.

"It might take a while, but it's the only way she will open up and even consider being with us," Jin told him in a soothing voice. "She will try and push us away. She might even try to break the bond again. But we have to be strong. We have to prove to her that we want this and we're not going anywhere."

"She thinks we won't stick around," Yoongi muttered, bitterly. "But we'll show her that she's wrong."

Jin was shocked to hear Yoongi declare such a statement. For the first few years after they all started receiving their soul tattoos, they had spoken about their soul mate, how their dynamic would work, and so on. Yoongi had been the least vocal. Originally, he had expressed his want for MS but he had never said it with such conviction.

Meeting Madeline and seeing who she was as a person, had obviously changed that.

Jin had felt changes in himself too. He felt fiercely protective of her. He wanted to face her problems together and fight for their bond.

It astounded him that despite how little he knew about her, he had such intense feelings. His parents had once warned him that the bond between soul mates was very strong, even if you haven't touched it yet.

Jin had felt an itch for a long time. He was the oldest and so, he was desperate to initiate the bond. But he didn't want to accidentally do it. He wanted Madeline to want the bond to be kickstarted. Jin vowed after seeing her reaction earlier that he would wait. He knew it would be agonizing but he wanted that moment to be special and memorable.

Jungkook shifted in his seat and glanced at his smartwatch. A small crease formed in between his brows, "It's been roughly an hour since she left. Should we go and find her?"

Jin didn't even realize time had gone so quickly. After Madeline left the hospital room, claiming she needed some alone time, Jin ventured to the nurse's desk. A familiar nurse with electric blue eyes greeted him, partially overwhelmed by his presence. As usual, he ignored it and politely asked where his soul mate had gone. The nurse had informed him she was given an hour to sit in the cafe or visit the gardens.

He had smiled gratefully, pretending he wasn't worried about her being alone. She had not long woken up and her body was still weak. If Jin had it his way, he'd make sure she was stuck beside him or his friends. However, he knew that would only push her further away from him.

They had to tread lightly and give her space. If they didn't, they'd never get anywhere.

"I'll go and find out where she is," Jin informed them, rising to his feet. Yoongi nodded his head tiredly and fluttered his eyes shut. Jungkook looked eager to join him since the others were either showering in the hospital's private bathrooms or getting some fresh air.

"Can I come? I'm just as worried," Jungkook asked, pleading with Jin.

Jin could never say no to Jungkook when he plastered an innocent, begging look on his face. Unfortunately, Jungkook knew this. "Fine," He relented, shaking his head in mild amusement.

Leaping to his feet, Jungkook grabbed a mask and threw it on his face. Jin did the same, used to wearing one now.

Together, they both left the room and followed the signs to the main cafeteria. It was busy, filled with patients and visitors talking and eating. Some looked deathly pale, on the verge of death. Jin's eyes were situated on one young woman who slightly resembled Madeline. He couldn't help but feel sick thinking that Madeline looked so close to death. It terrified him.