the first day

it was the first fixture of the new year but most importantly the first game in the Barca kit. the last couple of weeks have been nothing but bliss, Christmas was amazing and relaxing, everyone had loved there presents. Eli was thriving he was healing very well he had his stitches removed and now only needed check-ups, he was rolling over and sitting up without any support he was interacting his personality shining through every day.

our game is against Sevilla, I walked into the stadium following the girls with Eli in my arms chewing on of his toys in his own little world, I walked in the changing room and everything was all set up ready, I put Eli in his little spot that the staff have put together and I started to get ready, we were all ready and Jonathan read out the starting 11 and not by me surprise I was on the bench.

I was sat in my cubby watching all the girls chat and get ready before we had to go out, Alexia walked in, wearing her own clothes since she was in her recovery and straight over to me.

"Hey, you ready" she said, and I nodded, and she looked over to Eli who was in a Barca shirt.

"Looks like little man is ready" she said, and I laughed.

"Oh, yeh the true cheerleader" I said.

"He is still sitting with me" she asked.

"If you still want to, I can always have him on the bench" I said.

"No, it's okay the other girls and I love him, and I'll be more peaceful where we are" she said.

"Okay you know what to do right I've wrote a list incise" i said holding up a piece of paper.

"I'm sure we will be fine, but I'll take it just in case" Alexia said. "don't be worried he will be fine."

"Yeah, mother instinct I guess I don't like him out of sight" I said.

"I get it believe me he will be in eyesight and in good hands" she said, and I nodded.

the staff came out and told us we needed to go out and warm up, Alexia picked Eli up and his bag and we all walked out and onto the pitch Alexia went to the stands and I walked with mapi to warm up, we paired together. every moment or so I look towards Eli and Alexia and every time he was fine and the last time before going back in, he was taking a nap.

I was smiling whilst walking in to get into our kit and ready for the line up "what's got you all smiley" Patri asked.

"Nothing just happy Ale is so good with Eli makes me feel at ease" I said.

"She has always been good with kids he is in good hand" she said. I walked to the bench as all the starting eleven walked out ready for kick off.

I sat in my seat when the whistle blew, and we were off to a good start. connecting passes getting forward fast we just were not clicking with getting in the back of the next we were getting them attempts but nothing on the score board.

it was the 11th minute and Claudia was running down the pitch and she then passed it to Asisat Oshoala who then right footed it in the two right corners making us in the lead with the first goal of the match.

for the next 30 minutes we had made several attempts on goal, and it was a back and worth first half, everyone was running down the pitch once again with Oshoala with the ball who chipped it towards Pina who bashed it right in the centre of the goal making it two zero.

the game was on again and I looked up to the stands and I looked at Alexia and she had Eli who was wide awake on her lap chewing on his toy looking very content in where he was, I smiled a little and I went back to the game where were the opposition had received a penalty from a hand ball.

I was on my seat as they kicked the ball and felt relief when it hit the left post. and just like that the whistle blew as the first half ended. I jumped up and went into the changing rooms seeing Alexia and Eli in there.

"Oh hello" I said picking him up, him very happy to see me.

"How was he" I said.

"Amazing he slept a little but other than that he has been happy" she said handing me a half-filled bottle.

"Yeah, he goes through phases where he doesn't nap, I'll get him back asleep I am not being up all night with him again" I said, and she nodded.

and I did not just that I got him into a deep sleep whilst listening to how we need to improve and get more goals easier and not loose possession as easier.

"So, girls I will be making some subs throughout the match Jae, Ingrid, Marta and Bruna you will be coming on so match sure your warm and ready" Jonathan said.

I nodded and we walked out, I sat in my seat and looked down to Eli who I was keeping in my arms for a while. second half had begun, and we started strong with attempts coming in fast.

I went and handed a now ever a wake and fuse Eli to Alexia after being told to warm up, I was jogging up and down the pitch stretching, whilst watching the girls try and get a third goal but it not going in the back of the net. I walked back and I was coming on far for Oshoala. I high fived her and ran on the pitch getting into my position.

we went straight into it getting down the pitch with ease. I was in front of Aitana who had the ball in her possession, I was right in front of the goal who then passed to me when defenders surrounded me making me free, I ran, and I nutmegged the keeper and it went straight into the goal. I laughed as all the girls came and celebrated my first goal at Barca.

"Look at you twinkle toes" Mapa said rubbing my head pulling me into a hug.

I looked over to Eli seeing him celebrating with the other girls and I pointed to the sky. we went straight back into it with more hunger for goals.

we made attempts like we have the whole game passing around the goal trying to find a spot to get the goal. I was crossed the ball from the left hand side by Patri and I scissor kick it in the top left corner going in with ease, I sat on the floor shocked that it went in and the girls came and celebrated for the last time as after ten more minutes the fulltime whistle blew.

I shook hands and hugged all the players, and Alexia passed me Eli and I hugged him tightly as he giggles grabbing my face. I was pulled into media straight away with mapi by my side making Eli laugh.

"Jae first match of the year, first game at Barca and two goals how does that feel" the media asked.

"yeah it's amazing I didn't think I was going to play today but I was and to be able to get not one but two goals in is incredible it was a tough game not being able to get more goals but I'm happy with my performance and all the other girls I'm proud of them all" I said.

"How are you settling in with all the girls and playing in a new league and country" they asked.

"yeh I mean it's very different from playing at Arsenal but the girls have been amazing it's hard not to love them they have brought me and Eli in with open arms and I'm enjoying it couldn't ask for more" I said, they let me go and I went into the changing rooms where music was playing and everyone going to shower and getting ready to go home.

I sat Eli down with Lucy who was ready to leave, and I went to go shower quick, getting all showered I got changed into my clothes and picked Eli up from Lucys lap.

I sat around for a little bit talking to all the girls before it got too late and I had to get home for some food and to get Eli to bed, I said bye to all the girls and walked out. once I got outside all the fans where cheering, I quickly got Eli and myself into the car and drove out of the stadium and all the way home.

once I finally got home, I got some food in the oven and I put Eli in his chair and fed him some baby foods since we had started to introduce that, today was carrots and it was his jam he loved it. I put some food onto his plate and get used to doing it himself whilst I ate my tea. we did our normal nighttime routine and by the time it was 8 o'clock Eli was fast asleep, and I was on facetime with Leah which became a daily thing, we could see each other in person was the next best thing and it was working.

The Quiet Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें