how

I was sat on the plane back to Spain biting my nails, Leah sat next to me on her phone texting her mum that the plan has changed.

"Hey, he will be fine" she said putting her hand on my knee does not know what to do.

"I shouldn't have left him and now I have he is in hospital, and nobody knows what's wrong with him and.." I said rambling about everything.

"Hey nobody could have seen this coming" she said.

for the rest of the flight, I was messaging Lucy asking for updates. it was an excruciating couple of hours, but we made it to the hospital, where my grandparents lucy and Keira where both sat.

"Hey anything" I asked, and the doctor had just walked in at that moment.

"so have done some tests on Elija and we have found that the Aortic valve in heart has a blockage, so our plan is surgery it unblock the blockage and if necessary replace the valve if its damaged he is already prepared for the surgery we just need the okay" the doctor said.

"Yes of course are we able to see him" I asked.

"Yes of course right this way" he said, and we followed the doctor into a room where Eli laid half awake, with cables connected to his body.

"Hey baby" I said to him.

he moved his head towards me and kicked his legs slightly.

"you're going to have a nap okay I'll see you soon I love you so much" I said, and Leah came over the left-hand side of me to kiss Eli on the cheek.

we stayed until he fell asleep, and they took him off for his surgery. the doctor turned around and said, "Elijah is in good hands the procedure could take up to 3 hours so take this time to go home and get some rest we will call you with any updates on his condition."

"Thank you doctor" I said, and he left.

we stayed for a while before we walked out of the hospital and took the doctor's advice and got some rest, when we made it back home Leah made a couple phone calls to get the plans in order for Christmas and new year, and I was told that they were talking the earliest flight to Barcelona tomorrow.

I was sat on the coach texting my dad about Eli and that he was in hospital. and my granddad came and sat next to me.

"Where is you papa" he asked.

"He is in Washington at the moment for work he said he will fly out as soon as he can" I said.

"Okay Elija will come out of this" he said.

"Yeah, I can't lose him too you know I just can't" I said.

"Hey, it's okay they said there is a high percentage of him being okay he's strong he is healthy everything is okay" he said trying to keep high hopes.

my grandma came in with some snacks and we settled down and she asked. "where's Leah."

"I'll go grab her she might be still on the phone" I said and walked up the stairs to see Leah asleep. I laid next to her and hugged up to her.

"You tired babe" I said, and she nodded putting her face into my neck.

"Been a long week" she said.

"Yeh, don't I know it you want some food" I said, and she shook her head and tightened her grip on me.

"Just stay here" she said.

after a while we both slowly fell into a deep sleep for a couple of hours, until I was woken up from my phone ringing. I sat up and answered it as quick as I could.

"hello" I said.

"Hi Jae, it's the doctor who's been treating your son we have some good news Elijahs surgery went as well as it could we did everything that we needed to, and he is in the ICU with good results, and he is stable" the doctor said.

"Oh, thank god thank you so much we will be there as soon as possible" I said tapping on Leah to wake her up.

"Yeah, okay see you soon" he said.

I hung up and ran down the stairs Leah following behind.

"what's up" my granddad asked.

"He is out he is alive" I said.

"Go we will stay here let us know his healthy" my grandma said in broken English.

I needed and me and Leah got in the car and drove to the hospital, we walked into the room that he was in, and he was attached to even more cables than the last time we saw him which I did not even know was possible.

I sat down next to him, and he was laid in just his nappy and his incision on show with the bandage around half of his chest.

"Oh baby" I said wiping some on his hair out of his face. both me and Leah stayed in the hospital with Elijah up until visiting hours ending and we drove back home and straight to bed.