Chapter 2- The Act

panic at the disco : the good, the bad and the dirty

In a cafe just outside of town, a man sits sipping on a scalding hot coffee as he stares out the window watching for his target

In a cafe just outside of town, a man sits sipping on a scalding hot coffee as he stares out the window watching for his target. His phone buzzes alerting to him to an incoming call at which he rolls his eyes. Nobody seems to believe he's ever actually doing his job.

He answers the call and huffs, "Would you chill? I haven't lost sight of her once."

"Then do something about it." The voice on the phone urges sick of his friend's laidback attitude.

"Not my job. Plus it's fun to see her think she's in the clear." He chuckles biting into his bottom lip as he spots his target standing across the street.

"Just tell me where she is. I've had enough of this game." The voice sighs.

The man smirks seeing his target look around her for any sign of anyone following her. "I still can't believe she got away from you." He laughs.

"Yeah well," he sighs, "ugh she has something else coming."

"How did she do it anyway?"

Silence.

"Jungkook? Hello? If you're not gonna talk just hang up I have better things to do." He mutters, fed up with the conversation already.

"Like I told Tae, she's quite the little actor." Jungkook says through gritted teeth.

"Are you telling me you fell for her flirting? God how single are you?" The man laughs holding onto his stomach.

"Fuck off, that is not what happened." Jungkook argues back offended by the accusation.

"No? How did she act then?" The man plays along, teasing him.

Silence.

"That good huh?"

Silence.

He holds back a laugh as he asks, "Do you like her?" Hearing nothing in response, he can't help but let out his laugh, "Oh my god Kook that is sad."

"I do not like her. She is the bane of my existence." Jungkook says exasperated.

"Uh huh. You're enjoying this game of cat and mouse a little too much."

"I'm hanging up now." Jungkook sighs.

"I mean I can see the appeal, maybe I should give it a try. Think she'll fall for my acting?" He teases him watching his target smash open a chained lock around an abandoned building door.

"Don't. Tell me where she is."

"I will," he reassures him, "but for now, I'd like to play my own little game." He's excited just from thinking about it.