10. Book 1 Epilogue: The Coronation

Start from the beginning

1 week later||•
"Are all the preparations done?" The king asked.
"My lady we have to get ready!" Beatrice said
"Prince we are running late." Lieutenant Kai informed.
"Your Majesty, the officials are waiting?" the Queen said.
"Princess, breath it will be alright. You can do it." that was Prince Seokjin taking your hands in his and asking you to calm down. Today is your coronation ceremony and today the King and Queen will step down from the throne and you both will be crowned the next King and Queen.

You breathed in as the baby pink coloured gown was endorsed on your body, a layer of shocking pink with pale pink having alternate layers on your gowns dressing and the similar coloured hand crafted roses crafted on your corset blouse. Your husband was dressed in a royal black vest with a white frilled and puff sleeve mesh shirt. He looked ethereal but you were not given time to admire his as he ushered you in the car as soon as you calmed down.
"Beatrice do her hair in the ride, we are running late." that's all he said before you sat in the royal carriage and the rest of your beauty was enhanced in the ride.

You looked outside the carriage to see all the citizens gathered. You were nervous but it vanished as soon as your husband held you hand smiling and guided you out of the carriage. The ceremony was to be held in the balcony of the palace, a view for all the citizens.

You were too nervous to decipher the path taken but you found yourself in front of the balcony and the officials standing there to endorse the crowns on you. Your husband stood first, lowering his head so that his father, His Majesty, can place the crown on his son's head. After a father-son moment, you were asked to come forward and the Royal Mother, placed her Crown on your head, you lowered your head while curtsying afterwards, joining your husband to wave at the citizens. Your husband held your hand in his and welcomed the country with a new position and responsibility bestowed. It was eye opening.

The coronation, the people, the feel of being the queen and your husband being the king made your head spin. You looked like a star struck woman because since the crown was settled on your husband's head you couldn't take your eyes off of him. He looked so ethereal and perfect as if he was born to be the King and you were admiring him with a pinned gaze.

Reaching the royal port, he turned towards you to help you get on the royal cruise, it was a ride for the private after party for the coronation, it was just the two of you and the royal attire made the experience more dreamy. You held his hand smiling and stepped on the Royal yacht as he gave the sailer the directions before joining you around the front railing. It was a fairly personal space there.

He saw you lean over with your hands laid out of the railing, enjoying the breeze with closed eyes, you looked like a royal, beautiful and classy, with your perfectly done hair having a crown on top, you were his queen finally. He stepped forward, coming just behind you as he wrapped his arms around your waist and engulfed you in a back hug, placing his head on your shoulder which snuggled in your neck at the same speed, kissing your skin with passion, you leaned in him and cranned your neck, shrugging your right shoulder too partially loving and partially stopping his romantic play.

"Prince!" you gasped and whined at the same time as Seokjin stopped and looked at you sideways which made you tilt your head.
"Someone will see us." you comment making him gaze deeply in your eyes.
"Today is the day for us my queen and nobody can lay their eyes on you after the coronation. This evening session is reserved for us." He trailed the back of his index finger from your forehead to your jaw, admiring you. You couldn't help but stare at him in the same loving gaze you have been doing after the coronation.

"My queen is now bold and fearless. Freely ogling her husband after she stepped up from being a princess. Not that I'm complaining but you know the view in the front is great." your husband said trying not to stutter but until the end of his sentence you saw blush creep up his cheeks, you laughed at that sight.
"Is the King blushing? I'm surprised Your Highness truly. I am the one who is supposed to be shy but looks like we switched roles, not that I'm complaining." you said teasingly but proceeding lift your gloved hands to cup your husband's cheeks with the side grip you had. You kissed him as he reciprocated the passion, pouring out his feelings too.