6. Conflicted Resolutions

Start from the beginning

Not lingering your thoughts on it, you drank in peace but your heels yet again were a trouble to your peace. Your husband noticed it as usual and he proceeded to sit on the grassland in his royal attire. You opened your mouth to question him in a haste but closed it back remembering that the both of you fought a while ago. He comfortably sat with his legs crossed and the tray placed by his side as the cup of coffee rested in his hands. It was a rare sight to witness the King-to-be sitting outside that too on grassland. It wasn't a muddy place so you were aware that your dress won't be stained with mud, proceeding to sit as well, you took a seat right beside the Prince.

Sipping silently with the eyes on the sea, the both of you swore to not utter a word and it would have turned into a silently aggressive war date if Seokjin wouldn't have done what he did next. Placing his almost empty mug of coffee back on the tray he shifted forward, stretching his hands towards your feet, which were wearing heels still and fiddled with the straps. You were sitting with your feet in front of you and your hands clasped around your knees. With the cup in your hand you watched silently how your husband took off one heel after another and provided the comfort to your feet which you were rejecting all this while. Bringing your bare feet closer to your hand, you try to massage them but Seokjin straightens out your feet with your legs touching the ground and sits in front of you, facing you with his hands on your feet busy kneading the knots of tension in them.

"Don't do it, prince." you said trying to remove his hands from your feet but he didn't budge.
"Why? Because it puts me low or is this also what you are taught since young-to hide your pain?" he questioned still massaging your feet and not looking up but sending daggers with his words in your heart.
"You know what I mean Prince." you don't want to reason if he expects you to understand then he should understand too.
"No I don't, explain it to me." looking up finally after pressing onto the heel of your toes he speaks, locking his attention on you.

"Ok I will first stop this. Don't massage my feet I'm fine." you extend your hand yet again to stop him but he doesn't budge looking at you with a now blank face.
"Treat me as a husband right now and not royalty. Continue with your explanation." he orders around casually. You give up, placing your hand back and looking away at the far end of the sea. The sea was a darker shade now and somehow calmer, it halted your roaring thoughts too and you gazed at it for a while longer as your husband continued to massage your feet. It was a calming sensation, the sea in front, tension releasing from the body and a hanging silence, it gave you peace you craved.

"Prince." you voiced out, starting with the preparation of a long speech. "As you know that royals are trained hard, unlike the normal kids they are taught things beyond the level of understanding and you know it better than me." you said and saw him blink his eyes in acknowledgement.

"So as a young princess I was taught to always be prim and proper, have etiquettes, talk politely, bow down in respect whenever any man from our family came to our Palace. I was an inquisitive child always and sneaking around was in my nature but as I grew up, such acts got me grounded and punished for not following laws. Mother used to scold me that if I can't act upon rules and laws how will I expect our people to follow them in the future. Just that is why responsibilities and growing up scared me too." you poured your heart out with the memories of childhood and your husband didn't interrupt in any of the sentences.

"When I grew up, I started taking interest in politics but whenever I tried to make a point I was never allowed to mendle in political or state affairs. Being said that I was a woman and shouldn't speak up when men are talking specially about politics and sports. To put this mindset right I chose political science as my major for graduation but I guess that didn't help either because then I was a bad influence on the female citizens and young princesses in our kingdom. So I stopped fighting." you concluded, you and Prince Seokjin both knew that there was more than that meeting the eye but the main point being cleared it was best to not dig in the past and let bygone be bygone.

He stopped the massage and let you pivot your knees to bring your legs closer to your body, curling in a sitting position. He too dragged his body to sit right in front of you.
"I understand princess, I understand all of it and this is not just you, it happens everywhere. In my kingdom I spent 4 years of my youth to make male royals understand that female royals deserve the same positions as we do and they were married as not a pawn but a partner. No one understood it here either but I as a man of dignity do not want to put you in that spot; ever. Trust me when I say I can give you the authority and power you deserve, I will do it without a second thought."
His words bring comfort and this time they heal your soul. It gives you a sense of individuality and it sends a wave of revived love in your heart for your husband.

"Thank you so much prince." you speak gazing at him swearing to not cry anymore and accept yourself as well as your new found destiny.
"Pleasure is mine my dear wife. Let's get you to rule like a queen you deserve to be." he speaks with confidence dripping through his perfect smile displayed on his lips. That's the brightest you have seen him smile and it puts you at ease. You smile in return too as you look at him staring at you since long. He suddenly sticks out his hand in front of you, lifting his weight off the ground too. You look at him getting on his feet and dusting his royal suit casually. Guess he is a nature lover beyond your expectations because sitting on the ground casually and massaging his wife's feet he looked no less than a normal guy out on an evening date after 16 hours of tiring office work.

It made you clutch on his hand too and get up, dusting off your suit as well. He helped you dust off your dress too, keeping his hands and actions in control to not touch you inappropriate. You then looked up at him and smiled once again.

"Let me make one thing clear princess and this is the final ruling." he said with his finger pointing in your direction you laughed a little at his moderate warning and uttered an "Ok"
"First of all we both shouldn't call each other by our titles. I know I said this before but you forget this dozens of times and call me with 'Your Highness' or 'Your Majesty' and it sends an awful wave of displeasure. Don't be so formal with me, it displeases me like sugar would to a diabetic." he said it out and the example so random and vague brought out a laugh from your lips, you placed a hand over your mouth and the other on your husband's arm to balance yourself, giggling and laughing made your body shudder and shake and he supported your weight by placing his hand over yours on his arm.

"Ok but this was so random trust me." you answer in between your laugh.
"I know and I kept it random deliberately so you remember it with a little playfulness." he said making his point clear and tears brimmed in your eyes from a lot of laughing as you nodded and sniffed a little before drying your tears with pinched fingers.

"Second point." The Prince continued but you stopped him by opening your mouth and speaking.
"You said there is only one rule." you complained.
"One rule which have some specific sub rules so listen to them." he made a perfect excuse as you thinned your lips out and folded your arms across your chest to listen to him.
"No hiding your pain from me anymore. I object to the idea of not taking care of my wife so dare to reject my help anytime and you'll see what happens. And a genuine offer of a free will in any state, political, local or generally any affair that you need to vocalise about you can, without thinking of the society and people. That's what I wanted to clear out and I hope you understand this my lady." he spoke so beautifully that it made you nod and unwrap your hands across your chest and move forward to wrap them around the neck of your man. He caged his hands around your waist and locked you in his hold as well.

"Thank you." you whispered in his ear quietly as the sea invited a new feeling in you; joy with love.
"Your welcome." Your husband answered with the same delicacy and held you in his embrace for as long as you wanted.

_Senzar