Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

Maegor looked down with softer eyes at Ceryse, as if he was ashamed. He had never seen Ceryse spoke any louder or sharper than her soft and elegant tone and voice.

Ceryse gently reached for her emerald necklace chain to take it off. "Allow me to help you with that." Maegor softly spoke.

Ceryse softly smiled, and turned her back to Maegor, brushing her long raven hair over her shoulder, exposing her beautiful neck to Maegor.

Maegor slowly walked to Ceryse and slowly took off her necklace, as he did, he buried the tip of his nose in Ceryse's raven hair, and then pressed a soft kiss to her neck.

Ceryse closed her eyes as she felt Maegor's kiss on her neck, and gently smiled and turned her body and looked up to face Maegor.

Maegor got on one knee, and gently pressed his forehead to Ceryse's belly. Ceryse slowly ran her hand in Maegor's short hair and smiled a small smile.

Maegor kissed Ceryse's belly and stood up, and slowly ran his thumb over her cheekbone. "My beautiful Ceryse." Maegor whispered.

_________________

Ceryse slowly, with a small smile, and gently stroked her swollen belly. It has been four moons into her pregnancy and it difficult it may have been than she had heard, but she bore the pain with her soft smile and elegance suited for a queen.

After 2 moons, she could hear the heartbeats of the child within her, to which she always smiled and gently stroked her and slowly whispered: "Sheeesh... I'm here, sweet child."

"My lady, your father is here. Shall I let him in?" Ceryse's very young lady in waiting asked. Father is here?! Ceryse thought to herself surprised, no one had told her of her fathers arrival, but it was a happy surprise.

"Yes Lana. Please let him in." Ceryse asked the young girl. Lana bowed and opened the door for Manfred Hightower, and bowed to him too and left.

"Daughter." Manfred spoke as he walked to Ceryse and gently embraced her. "I am sorry that I could not visit you upon hearing the happy news."

Ceryse gently embraced her father and smiled softly. "It is quite alright father. I'm merely happy that you are here." They slowly broke the embrace, Ceryse placed her hand on her belly. "I'm quite happy that you are finally here."

Manfred smiled and studied Ceryse's swollen belly. "The blood of our blood. The blood of the first men." Manfred Hightower smiled. "He may wear Targaryen silver hair, Hightower golden hair or your, my grandfathers, raven hair... but he will be a Hightower."

"How does Martyn fair?" Ceryse asked softly, worried for her brother for Martyn always bore much more than he could carry. "He has assumed my position while I am here." Manfred slowly spoke as he moved his weak bones to a seat.

"My dear girl. You are the light of my life my beautiful Ceryse. You and the child that you carry..." Manfred slowly spoke as he tried to make his point without his voice trembling. "... I lost your mother when bore our Martyn... I cannot stand to lose you too my sweet girl."

Ceryse's eyes softened and slowly, as her hand was on her belly walked to her father and embraced him as she always did when she was no more than a girl of seven.

"I will be fine father so will my son..." Ceryse gently spoke. "I promise."

____________________

Ceryse laid on her bed as she pushed with all her might. The pain was beyond unimaginable. But in matter of minutes I will hold my son!

"Grand Maester, Prince Maegor wishes to enter the room." One of the midwives said to Grand Maester Gawen. "What?! Does he not know it is not appropria—" and he was cut short as Maegor barged in the chamber and grabbed his throat.