CHAPTER-3: Strange Requests

Start from the beginning

"Finally, this guy shows up!" Ritvik exclaims.

"Dude, why are you always late?" Arush asked.

I quickly mouthed a 'Go fuck yourselves' to them and joined the three.

"So, what's happening here?" I asked.

"No idea. But we're about to find out." Agrim replied.

We knocked on the door and a voice told us to come inside.

As we stepped in, the four of us were met with a peculiar sight.

There was the chairman, obviously, but there was another guy present, clad in a three-piece suit, sipping on tea like a rich boy.

"Good afternoon, chairman." We greeted him.

"Yes, yes. Good afternoon to the four of you. Please- take a seat."

We followed his instructions and sat down.

"Right, you boys must be wondering why I called you here?"

"Um, yes. Have we done something wrong?"

"Oh, not at all!" he exclaimed. "Quite the contrary, actually." He said, quelling our worries.

"So, what are we in for?"

"You see, the man in front of you is the head of the Nakano corporation, and his daughters will be joining the school in the next few weeks~"

"Right. I suppose I should introduce myself... I'm Maruo Nakano, CEO of the Nakano Corporation."

"Zain Zaffar."

"Arush Kumar."

"Ritvik Anand."

"Agrim Sharma."

"Hmm? I was under the impression that you four were brothers? What's with the different last names?" Nakano asked us.

"We're actually step-brothers." Arush said.

"Yeah, we were adopted by a common family after our parents died."

"We are childhood friends, but on paper, we are technically brothers." I said.

"I see..."

"Well, you four must be thinking what does Maruo-kun have to do with you being here? I'm telling you that he has an offer for you."

"An offer?" I wondered.

"That's right." Nakano said, fixing his tie. "You see, my daughters are transferring to this school because they failed their final examinations at their previous school. Narumori-kun is a good friend of mine, and told me to enrol them here - so I had him pull out the final exam scores for all the First Years, and the entrance scores for the new Second Years..."

Okay, can he legally do that? Now my interest was piqued...

"You four had the top scores among any of the students, and honestly, I was quite impressed. I want you four to tutor my daughters to ensure that they won't fail in this school as well."

"And what's in it for us?" Agrim asked.

"5,000 yen."

"That doesn't seem-"

"5,000 yean each. Every day. That's 25,000 yen per day."

"Okay, statement withdrawn."

"Think about it- think what it will mean for you financially."

"Financially?"

"I mean, you don't have parents, and a single family is raising the four of you. I know what it's like."