Episode 02: "The Guy from Busan"

Začít od začátku

During a rehearsal, Minkyu comments, "Yeol, the guests loves you,.. You're a natural at this!"

Yeol smiles, "It's all about connecting with the audience, Minkyu. That's the key." – And then he gave Minkyu a mischievous wink.

Despite the busy schedule, Yeol finds time to bond with the crew. He often joins them for meals and late-night chats. They share stories about their lives, their dreams, and their homes. Among the crew are Minkyu, a fellow Korean, the percussionist of the band; Lucio, an Italian who's also part of the band, he played the keyboard; and Claudio, a Filipino crew member, he works as a Chef at the ship's kitchen, thus he became friends with them due to his "other" passion aside from cooking – it's music.

One night, while sharing a meal with the crew, Yeol says, "It's strange, isn't it? We're all from different places, but here we are, sharing this journey together."

Minkyu nods, "That's the beauty of life on a cruise ship, Yeol. We're a family here."

After the dinner, Yeol stays on the deck, the cool sea breeze a welcome relief from the warmth of the dining hall. As he leans against the railing, looking out at the endless expanse of the sea, he's hit by a wave of nostalgia. He remembers the men chasing him back in Busan, the fear, the uncertainty. He shakes his head, pushing the memory away.

Claudio, who's been standing nearby, notices. "Okay ka lang Bro?~ You okay, Yeol?"  he asks, with concern in his voice.

Yeol forces a smile, "Just lost in thought, It's nothing..." he then tapped Claudio's shoulder before returning to the stage for his next set of performances.

On the Royal Mediterrania, Yeol choose to leave his past behind in Busan. He is now living in the cruise ship and sings for living. There's a certain simplicity and ease to this new life that Yeol finds liberating. He no longer carries the weight of his debts, if that's what we may call it. He's now free from life's imprisonment that is tagged to his name. Here, he's just Yeol, the singer, and he's careful not to reveal his true identity.

One evening, after a long day of performances and rehearsals, Yeol finds himself in the ship's kitchen. Claudio, the Filipino chef, is there, sneaking out some leftover food. "Para sa crew, (for the crew)" he explains, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Yeol can't help but laugh. It is truly the brotherhood and friendship shared over leftover food is something he wouldn't trade for the world.

As days turn into weeks, Yeol finds himself connecting with his fellow crew members in a way he never did with anyone in the past. They share stories, dreams, and laughter. They're all in the same boat, literally and figuratively, and there's a sense of unity in that.

One night, while sharing the leftover food, Yeol finds himself saying, "You know, I never thought I'd say this, but I love this life. The freedom, the simplicity, the connections... it's real. It's raw. And it's beautiful."

Claudio smiles at him, "Yan ang kagandahan ng buhay sa cruise ship, Yeol. Lahat tayo dito ay tao lamang, nagtatrabaho at nabubuhay nang magkakasama. (That's the beauty of life on a cruise ship, Yeol. We're all just people here, living and working together.)"

Claudio, the Filipino chef has his fair share of life-story back home in the Philippines, he's the eldest son in their family of seven siblings, and he's a bread-winner, the loving son who'll do everything to provide for his family, even if it means setting his dreams aside. And for the first time in a long time, Yeol feels truly free, as if he belongs. Free from expectations, free from the weight of his family name, free to just be himself, he could finally relate to everyone.

As the night deepens, Yeol finds himself on the deck, looking up at the stars. The cool sea breeze is a welcome relief from the warmth of the dining hall. He leans against the railing, looking out at the endless expanse of the sea, the ship sailing smoothly under the starlit sky. As he takes in the beauty of the night, he can't help but feel a sense of peace. This is his life now, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

In Busan;
Back in Busan, Lee Joon returns to his room (in the Lee family mansion), nestled away from the city's hustle and bustle. The room mirrors his personality - imposing, austere, and cold. The atmosphere is heavy, not from a lack of cleanliness, but from the weight of unspoken emotions and hidden secrets.

His wife, Jin Seola, greets him as he steps into the room. "? 왔어요? (eo, wasseo~?)You're back?," she says, her voice soft, careful.

"ne~," he replies, his voice devoid of warmth. He doesn't look at her, his gaze fixed on the distant horizon visible through the window.

He lies down on the bed, his back to his wife. As he closes his eyes, the face of a woman he met in Italy comes to mind. A beautiful Korean woman in her late 30s, living in Italy. She had a charm that was captivating, a beauty that was haunting. But he had no choice but to leave her, to break her heart because he was a married man.

In his mind, he replays their last conversation. "I can't be with you," he had told her, his voice steady despite the turmoil within him. "I'm a married man."

"And what about us?" she had asked, her voice breaking. He remembers the pain in her eyes, a reflection of the ache in his own heart. But he had walked away, leaving her and a part of himself behind in Italy. As sleep claims him, his thoughts are filled with regret and longing for what could have been.

In Venice - Italy;
In Italy, the woman Lee Joon left behind is grappling with heartache. Her days are filled with memories of him, each one a poignant reminder of what they had and what they lost. His laughter, his touch, his gaze - they all linger in her mind, as vivid as if he was still there with her.

Their connection had been undeniable, a magnetic pull that neither of them could resist. From that moment they met at the private room of the wine pub, there was a spark, a heated passion that quickly turned into something more. They shared whispered conversations under the Italian sky, stolen kisses in hidden corners, and moments of vulnerability that brought them closer than they ever imagined.

The passion between them was intense, a fiery dance that left them both breathless. Yet, it was their emotional connection that truly set them apart. The way they understood each other, the way they could communicate with just a look, the way they fit together like two pieces of a puzzle - it was a bond that transcended the physical.

Now, she's left with the remnants of their relationship, the echoes of their love. She clings to these memories, finding solace in the sweetness of their past even as the bitterness of the present threatens to consume her. The pain is intense, a constant reminder of the love she lost.

In the quiet of her apartment, she allows herself to feel the full weight of her heartache. She lets herself remember the passion, the connection, the love. And though it hurts, she wouldn't trade these memories for anything. For in the midst of the pain, she finds a strange kind of comfort. In the memories of their love, she finds the strength to face the heartache, to heal, and to hope for a better tomorrow. Thus, the reality is obvious, she has no choice, but to let go now.

:::
Original Fan-Fiction by BU
:::