Chapter 5: Shadybug's World

Start from the beginning

"Uh...Why are you looking at me like that? And for the record, Shady, I don't hate you as much as I dislike your presence."

"Same thing, and I'm a bit uncomfortable," was her empty response. Claw Noire rolled his eyes.

"What would you rather I'd say? Oh my fucking gosh, sweetheart, I absolutely adore, worship, love your presence, be around me all the time, make me feel so gushingly happy, please, when you're mean, I always crave more, because you're just so amazing?" he snapped in response, using a sarcastic tone. Shadybug's eyes widened even more. Then she burst out laughing. Claw Noire's ears flicked in surprise, and he stepped back.

"Oh my God, Claw, that voice, that was so hilarious to hear! Your sarcasm is actually better than I thought it was! Also, please never ever use that fucking voice with me again," she replied, finally recovering from her bout of laughter.

"Sure thing, Shades," he replied in his normal voice, but he finally cracked a genuine smile.

"And, for future record, it's nice to hear you don't completely hate my presence, because I hate it enough for the both of us."

"We're not going there right now," he responded quickly.

"Sure. We won't. Now...I think it would be best to wake up Ladybug. I want her reaction," Shadybug said rather gleefully. Claw Noire rolled his eyes and left the Eiffel Tower.

"Hey! Where are you going?" she called over the balcony of the floor she was on.

"Cold water," was his shouted response and then he was gone.

"But-but I wanted to use pain," she whined then turned back to the unconscious superheroine. She sat down by her feet and laid her head against the pillar as she waited Claw Noire's return. She saw the glimpses of a akuma floating around, her body tensed and she rose to defend herself as Hesperia must be somewhere nearby.

"Back, Shades," Claw Noire said from behind her, startling her and she hit him in the face by complete reflex. He staggered backwards and nearly fell off, as well as nearly spilling icy cold water everywhere.

"Shades, that was uncalled for!"

"Oh. It's you. I was expecting Hesperia. There's traces of an akuma nearby."

"Hesperia? Hmm. Well, I'm back, so you'll be fine."

"Yeah, because relying on you is how I survive everything," she quipped back. Claw sprayed icy cold water all over her and Ladybug. Ladybug jolted awake just as Shadybug let out a few strings of curses.

"That's-holy shit-cold!" she cried out, and shivered.

"Oh, I feel so bad," Claw snapped at Shadybug. Ladybug stared at them in shock for a moment then tried to squirm free, only resulting in her crying out in pain.

"Ah, good, the Bug's awake. How are you feeling?"

"Very cold, very soaked-"

"Oh, wait, never mind, I don't care. So...see anything different?"

Ladybug scanned the floor they were on and upon realizing the entire thing was black and there were crumbling pillars, let out a small gasp.

"What have you done to Paris? Did Chat Blanc do this? How long was I out for?"

"An hour."

"That quickly? But-"

"Pity. It was such a nice tower too."

"You basically destroyed it."

"Uh-huh."

"Wow, you guys were busy. Wait. Why does everything feel slightly darker?"