•• Chapter Fifty Three ••

Start from the beginning

"How'd it go?" Damon asked, as he handed her one of the coffees. She knew he knew what she was doing so early in the morning. She just expected him to not be so understanding about it.

"It went fine. Shall we begin?" Vivian said, taking a sip of her drink. Elena was finally gone and Damon gave Alaric the go-ahead. The sound of the wood cutter sounded Vivian's ears as she walked over to one of the chairs and sat back.

"Nothing happened, right?" Stefan asked her, as he collected the wood from Alaric. She shook her head.

"Nope. Smooth sailing. Unlike how you two handle business." Vivian smiled. Alaric laughed Stefan and Damon rolled their eyes at her remark.

"So let me get this straight," Alaric says, "your supposedly dead father somehow stuck a deal with Klaus, and your supposed aunt is a witch? That's a lot of assuming." Alaric muttered.

"Well, that's the gist of it, yeah. But I haven't seen my "aunt"" Vivian says, doing the air quoits with her fingers, "since she ambushed me at the old witch house." She couldn't tell them about her deal. She had to go alone.

"Crazy." Alaric muses.

"This needs to be sharper." Stefan says, handing a stake towards Damon. They were using what the could get from the whickery bridge sign made of the tree that could kill the Originals.

"Got it." Damon rebukes, and Vivian could tell he was only slightly irritated that his younger brother was telling him what to do. Being bossy was Damon's domain.

"We have stakes to kill an Original." Stefan says, "we're not gonna miss because you can't whittle."

"I said, I got it. Stop micromanaging." Damon says, "you're not telling Vivian what to do."

"Because I know how to whittle." Vivian replies, showing Damon her stake. The older brother scoffs as she smirks.

"Well, if you guys got this under control I'm gonna call the sheriff." Alaric announced, causing Damon to look up at his best friend. "I wanna turn myself in."

"No, you don't." Damon says

"I have a homicidal alter ego. Unlike some people in this room...I would like to take responsibility for the people I've killed." Defends Alaric.

"If you wanted to turn yourself in, you wouldn't be saying it."

"You cannot psychoanalyze me. I killed Caroline's father. I nearly killed Meredith. Everything's changed."

"You're not turning yourself in." Stefan adds, "Bonnie's herbs are working...and we have Originals to kill."

"His morals get questionable when he has revenge on the brain." Damon says

"Klaus needs to die. We finally have the chance to kill him. So you are not turning yourself in."
Damon stands up and holds out Alaric's ring.

"Here. Put it on." Damon tells him.

"That ring is the reason I've killed people." Alaric says.

"It's also the reason you're alive. You're going vampire hunting, Ric. Wear it." Vivian watched Alaric take it and put it on his finger. She watched him walk out of the apartment and Vivian let out a sigh.

"Well, whittling was fun and all, but I have somewhere I need to be so..." Vivian stood from her chair and was about to follow Ric out the apartment when Damon stopped her.

"And where is that, exactly?" His hand wrapped around her waist as he held her still by the door. Vivian smiled and leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I'll tell you when I get back. Have fun. Don't mess up." Vivian says. She turned to Stefan and he gave her a small smile and head nod. She was able to get out of Damon's hold and made her way out of the apartment.

Vivian didn't like the looks of the witch house as she approached slowly. She could smell the burning candles as she made her way onto the porch, the familiar wood creaking with every step, surely letting her aunt know that she was there. As she opened the door, almost immediately, there was a stinging pain in her head. She clutched her head in her hands and let her knees fall to the ground as she groaned in pain.

"Well, you're a little early than I expected, but I guess I'm ready anyway." Vivian's aunt Penny held her hand out steadily. Aimed right at her.

"I had a whole table set up and everything." She says, and through the pain, Vivian looks towards the middle of the room and notices the table in the middle in the room, surrounded by candles.

"Your boyfriends are quite busy, aren't they?" She said, as she continued inflicting pain. Vivian felt tears in her eyes as she now lays on the ground, trying to ignore that pain.

"Shut up." Vivian grunted out. Aunt Penny smiled.

"I don't think so." She reached into her pocket and pulled into a syringe filled with a dark liquid. Vivian squinted her eyes as she watched her bend down so she was eye level with her.
This pain was different from normal. It was more intense. She felt like she couldn't move.

"You see, being around town, I've learned a few things. Things that I'm not going to bore you with, but things nonetheless. And the dynamic, the drama, it's all just a bit much for me."

"So then leave." Vivian spat

"Oh, I plan to." Aunt Penny reached for her neck, moving the collar of Vivian's jacket, a blue vein was visible and she smiled. "Right after this, you won't have to see me ever again. Because when I'm don't here, you'll always have something to remember me by." She says, and without hesitation she stabs the syringe into her neck. Vivian gasped in sudden pain. The stinging in her head stopped and a new pain in her neck stopped her.

"In a few minutes, you'll have a pice of me coursing through you. Reminding you of something way more powerful that a normal vampire." Aunt Penny says. "It was your father's plan. Originally. To creat his own special line of hybrids and vampires. Ones not connected to any special bloodline. Unlike your boyfriends."

"What—"

"Oh, right. Well, you see, what your boyfriends are going to learn after their plan to kill all of the Original's is this: if they kill Klaus, that will end the bloodline. Killing all the little hybrids and vampires that Klaus has turned during his lifetime. Thats why, your father created his own." Vivian was too consumed by pain to comprehend anything she was saying.

"And that's why, I've injected you."

"Injected me with what, exactly?" Vivian gritted out.

Aunt Penny smiled as she watched the girl's veins turn black. "With my blood of course. This was the only other way I've found that works."

"You—-injected me with your blood?" Vivian began to feel a bit better. The pain slowly fade away. Her head felt dizzy and she closed her eyes for a second. Aunt Penny clapped her hands and she opened them despite wanting to keep them closed. She was suddenly so tired.

"It's already working." She muses, only she could see the changes happening right before her. "That's my que." she says, patting Vivian's head. "It was good seeing you." Her voice faced out as she left and Vivian's eyes finally closed and she was met with the comfort of darkness.